Chapter Twenty Three:

Angel's P.O.V

My eyes flickered and pain filled me, making me groan.

'Angel? Baby?' Luke sounded worried.

I turned my head and looked at him.

'Baby, how are you?' His face was so full of concern it tugged on my heart.

'Sore.' I mumbled, my voice crackling.

'The painkillers will kick in soon babe.' He squeezed my hand.

'I'm sorry I ran away.' I said as I burst into tears.

'Don't be sorry babe. Shh, it's okay now. You're home. I'm here.' I felt Luke's arms go around me in the bed.

'It was horrible.' I cried.

'I'm so sorry babe. I should of been there to protect you. None of that should of happened.' He kissed my hair.

'Luke I was so scared.' I whispered, clinging to him.

'I know baby.' He held me while I cried until I passed out again.

****

Luke's P.O.V

I held Angel in my arms as she cried into my chest. I held her for so long, and then she fell asleep again. I still held her to me for awhile, then I reluctantly let her go. I watched her sleep, tears down her cheeks. I wiped away her tears and sat beside the bed, placing my face in my hands. This was all my fault. They had gone after her to get to me. They had hurt her. I growled as I remembered what that Rory fuckhead had said. He had raped her. He raped my mate. My Luna. My Queen. Luca had told me that when she was examining Angel, he had really hurt her. He had scratched his nails inside her and the force of everything had really injured her. When the other man had pushed her, making her hit her head, it had fucked with her. She had taken to many blows to the head and she was disorientated. I had bathed her, getting her out of the clothes and replacing them with one of my shirts and a pair of underwear. I held Angel while Maria washed her hair and I had placed her in our bed. I hated seeing her so hopeless. In so much pain. I loved her so much. Maria, Kyle and Corby had been staying here, keeping an eye on her and me. I was a wreck. I was happy that I was able to tear apart the men that had hurt her, but it wasn't enough.

'How is she brother?' Kyle touched my shoulder. I hadn't even heard him come in.

'She woke up and cried, then fell asleep.' I mumbled.

'Go have a shower, Luke. Have some food. I'll watch over Angel. If she wakes up or is anything happens, I'll be here with her and I'll get you right away.' Maria said from my other side, her hand on mine.

'I can't leave her.' I stared at Angel's sleeping face.

'Come on man.' Kyle pulled me to my feet.

'I can't.' I felt my eyes fill with tears.

'Maria is here bro. Come on.' Kyle pulled me out the room.

'It's my fault.' A tear fell and I squeezed my eyes closed.

'It's not your fault man. She's okay.' Kyle hugged me and I tried to compose myself. I was a warrior. So was he. We weren't meant to cry.

'Revenge isn't enough.' I muttered, stepping back.

'What do you mean?' Kyle frowned.

'I ripped those bastards apart. Literally. I tortured them. But revenge isn't enough. For the first time, I understand why dad killed himself. I know he lost mum, and I still have Angel. But I get it. Revenge wasn't enough.' I looked at Kyle seriously.