Chapter Sixteen:

Luke's P.O.V

I heard Angel enter the room and her hand was in mine almost instantly.

'Hey babe. I'm back, I just had to go have a shower.' She mumbled, kissing my head. She was wearing one of my jumpers, I could tell because her beautiful scent was mixed with mine. I wanted to know how long I'd been here, all I wanted was to snap out of it. I listened to Angel talk to me, her thumb rubbing circles on my hand. I missed her so much. I wanted to look at her beautiful face, to hold her. Anger filled me, not that anyone could tell. I wanted to sigh.

'Miss Angel?' Ally's voice surprised me.

'Ally? Hey.' Angel sounded confused.

'I brought you some pancakes and a coffee. God knows you need it.'

'Ally that's so sweet.'

'Hows he doing?' I felt Ally's hand on my cheek lightly. It relaxed me, it reminded me of my mother.

'He's doing okay.' Angel replied.

'Has he told you about me?' Ally asked.

'No, I'm sorry.'

'Well see, I was very good friends with Lilac. Luke's mother.' Ally mumbled, her hand stroking my hair back.

'Lilac. That's a pretty name.' Angel said thoughtfully.

'She was a beautiful woman. So kindhearted. Her world revolved around Luke and Kyle. She adored them. I'm proud to say she was my best friend. She had always made me promise that if anything happened to her or to Linkin that I would look after the boys.'

'I wish I got to meet her.' Angel sighed and I squeezed her hand gently.

'She was a wonderful person. When she was taken, Luke was only sixteen, and Kyle seventeen. Linkin turned those sweet boys into warriors. It was heartbreaking. They missed their mother, but they were trained to take after their father, so rage filled them. I still remember the day the three of them left to get revenge. I begged Linkin to stop but he was consumed. He loved Lilac very much. The three of them took down the entire pack with no backup. The legend of the King and the two young Princes. When they returned they were unrecognizable. The blood and the stench of death covered them. They had murdered everyone. After that, Linkin was a broken man. He had lost Lilac, he had gotten his revenge and then he just wanted her back. He took his own life. Leaving the boys. I took them in and reminded them of their mothers kind heart. After some time, there mother shone back through into them. They are both still warriors, their strength is truly uncomprehendable. But they let love back into their lives. I'd like to think I helped that happen. That's when Kyle stepped down and Luke stepped up.' Ally told the story and I could tell it entranced Angel. My mind flickered back, remembering everything she was saying. It was true, if it weren't for Ally reminding us of our mother, we would of been ruthless.

'No one should have to go through that.' Angel mumbled.

'I agree. I love those two like they are my own.' Ally kissed my head gently.

'Oh boohoo.' Kyle sighed, stepping into the room and making everyone jump. I wanted to laugh, but, of course, I couldn't.

'You frightened me!' Ally told him.

Kyle chuckled.

'C'mon Luke, wake up.' Angel said to me, clearly ignoring everyone else.

I squeezed her hand. I wanted nothing more than to open my eyes.

'Please, babe, please. I need you Luke. I need you to wake up. You need to mark me so we can rule together. You need to wake up. Do you remember what you told me, all that time ago? That there was no point being a King when you didn't have a Queen to share it with? Well there's no point being a Queen when you don't have a King. Please Luke, I can't do any of this without you.' She sobbed. My heart clenched. I wanted to wrap my arms around her so badly. I focused the best I could to try wake my body up.