Chapter Three:

Luke's P.O.V

I drove her car, following the directions on the GPS while she slumped in the passenger seat, asleep. My mind was doing laps. I was nervous because I had found my mate finally. But it also excited me. I knew she was terrified, and I couldn't blame her. But it was the way it had to be. I was Alpha, I had responsibilities. It had angered me much more than I expected when I saw her aunt attack her. My first thought had been, keep your hands off my girl. Which had shocked me more. I already felt a strong connection to her. I wanted to hold her, I wanted her to be my Luna and help me run my pack. I didn't care that she wasn't a full blooded werewolf. And that proved how much I cared for her already. I peeked over and studied her while she slept. She had changed out of her formal clothes when she packed up her suitcase from the hotel room and had put on a black hoodie and grey leggings. She was beautiful, her long hair fell around her and I fought the urge to push it out of her gorgeous face. Her features were feminine and soft, but her eyes held an edge to them. that had been the first thing I noticed about her. Those eyes. They weren't like anything I had ever seen before. I tore my eyes away from her face and examined the rest of her. Looking at the curves on her body made me shift in my seat and I looked back on the road. I had definitely gotten lucky. I glanced at the dash board and sighed. It was early in the morning, the sun creeping up into the sky. I needed to stop and fill the car up. I pulled into the closest servo and filled the car with petrol. I handed the cashier some money and brought two coffee's and some food. I felt a hint of nervousness as I climbed back into the car. I didn't even know what she liked to eat. I tried to snap myself out of it, I never got nervous. I was always strong and confident, especially when it came to women. This is no ordinary woman my mind whispered to me and I ran my hand across my forehead. I had never thought I would even find a mate. And I didn't particularly care. There was no shortage of woman who were happy to satisfy my needs when I wanted. But as soon as I looked into her eyes. I knew no one else would be enough anymore. I needed her. I turned my lip up. I had always hated the sappy shit people said when they found their mate. I didn't think that would ever be me. I looked over at her again and couldn't help the smile that formed on my face.

'Angel.' I said gently after clearing my throat.

She stirred a little and sighed, snuggling into the chair. It took every ounce of my strength not to grin like an idiot and pull her into my arms. She was adorable.

'Angel.' I repeated. She stirred again and her big eyes opened, connecting with mine. I stifled a gasp. Her eyes were completely liquid and some green flecks danced around, like tiny diamonds, sparkling. The bright golden colour stood out against her skin and made my heart thump in my chest. Fuck, she was stunning.

'Ohmygod, how long was I asleep?!' She gasped and sat up properly in the chair, her cheeks flushed pink and she rubbed her eyes.

'Most of the trip. I brought breakfast.' I handed her a coffee and put mine in the cup holder.

'You should of woken me up! I'm sorry.' She took the coffee gratefully and sipped it.

'It's fine, you needed it. What do you want to eat?' I held open the bag to her and her eyes widened, reaching into the bag. She pulled out a bacon and egg muffin and looked at me, her big eyes happy. My stomach flipped.

'Thank you, so much. You didn't have to.' She smiled, showing me her perfect white teeth.

'No worries.' I smiled back and heard her heart jump. I looked down as my smile widened, she probably didn't know I could her her heart beating, normal wolves couldn't. But I was far from normal. I grabbed the other bacon and egg muffin and unwrapped it, taking a bite. I started the engine and took off again. The muffin was gone in three bites and I grabbed another from the bag, eating that one too in record time. I felt her gaze on me and I looked at her. Her eyes were wide and shocked. She held her muffin, half eaten with small bite marks in it.