Chapter 7 (Let the 51st Hunger Games... Begin!)

Rose woke up early. It had been a restless night, but she got up and started to get ready none the less. She dressed in simple clothes and ordered a hot meal. A few seconds later, her food appeared and she quickly ate. Trillium would be arriving soon to take her to the hovercraft that would transport her to the arena. And Trillium did arrive, a little over an hour later. He told her it was almost ten in the morning. They two make their way to the hovercrafts and board the one assigned to Rose.

~

Rose stood in her new clothes that she would wear for the Hunger Games; hiking boots, dark pants, a black tee-shirt, and a grey jacket. Trillium did not look impressed by the outfit.

"Something wrong?" Rose asked.

"It doesn't look well on you," he said with a sigh. "But you'll have to make it work."

Rose just smiled.

"Attention," an electronic voice said. "Will the tributes please step into the launch tubes."

A cylinder opened and Rose stepped inside. The container closed behind her. She looked one more time at Trillium.

"Good luck," he said.

Suddenly, the tube began to rise. Rose had a moment of panic wash over her, but pushed it aside. When the tube stopped, Rose found herself standing on a platform in the arena. In front of her stood the golden Cornucopia, which held weapons, food, and supplies for the tributes. But to get their, you had to get past the other tributes. Behind her and beyond the Cornucopia were woods, perfect for hiding. Above the trees, Rose could see building structures.

"Ladies and gentlemen," the voice of Claudius Templesmith, the announcer of changes and feasts, said. "Let the 51st Hunger Games begin - and may the odds be ever in your favor!"