Epilogue

Months passed and Rose was slowly told the news of the districts and the rebellion. They had taken her back to 11 for a visit, but afterwards she decided to return to 12 with Haymitch. There was rarely a moment when Katniss and Peeta didn't see them together. When Haymitch came over, he would always bring Rose, who would sometimes play with the kids or listen to stories told by the others.

One day, the two came over to the Mellark home, beaming.

"What are you two so excited about?" Peeta asked.

"Well," Haymitch said.

Rose held out her left hand. On her ringer was a silver ring with red stones that resembled flowers.

~

The wedding was only a few months later. Katniss had given Rose one of the wedding dresses that the Capitol had provided for her when she was faking a proposal with Peeta. The dress went down to the floor and fit perfectly against Rose's body. It had a sweetheart neckline and appeared to wrap around her chest. Under that were little gems that went on for a few inches.

"Rose," Katniss said before they got started. "We have a special surprise for you. Effie did some searching and we found someone you might want to see."

The door to the room opened and Trillium walked in. He looked much older, but dressed the same and his smile was just as young as the last time he saw Rose. Rose broke into a smile herself and hugged her old designer. Katniss left the two so they could finish getting ready while Katniss went to meet up with her old prep team.

~

The wedding had been held in the Justice Building. Many friends had come to the ceremony and were invited to stay - which they did. Haymitch and Rose had invited everyone from District 12, Katniss's mother, Gale, Pollux, Cressida, Paylor, Effie, Annie and her son, Johanna, Enobaria, Plutarch, and Beetee. The Justice Building was filled with people and once the ceremony was over, everyone made their way to the Victor's Village. They went through the District 12 tradition of singing songs as the couple walked through the front door of their home.

Afterwards, there was music, singing, and dancing in the Victor's Village. The streets were full of happy people. A large table of food and been placed outside for everyone in enjoy. Haymitch and Rose sat at one of the tables and visited with people that Haymitch knew. At one point Rose excused herself and walked around the party. She smiled at some of the people who greeted her.

Rose paused when she saw a woman about her age approach her. She had blonde hair and blue eyes. Rose smiled at the woman.

"It's wonderful to see you again, Rose," the woman said. "I won't normally come to Twelve since my youngest daughter's death, but I remembered the last time you were here and you wore a beautiful black dress with stars on it."

Rose smiled at the memory. She remembered the party and a little blonde girl coming up to her.

"You came up to me, saying you wanted to be a nurse like me," Rose gasped. The woman smiled.

"Yes. I'm working in District Four at their hospital. You really were a role model to me."

Rose smiled. Katniss walked over to them.

"Oh, Rose," she said. "I see you met my mother. Mom, this is-"

"Rose Cobain. Yes I know dear. I remember her from her Victory Tour. She's the one who encouraged me to become a nurse."

Katniss smiled.

"Looks like you changed a lot of people, Rose," she said.

"It seems I have."

Haymitch approached them and smiled at Rose, taking her hand.

"Care for a dance, Rose?" he asked.

Rose smiled as Haymitch led her away towards the group of dancers. A familiar song began and Rose's smile widened.

"The song that you taught me to dance to on the Victor Tour," she said.

Haymitch smiled.

"Funny how that happened," he said.