Chapter 28: An Uchiha is Born [Naruto]

Itachi 

I watched Rin as she balanced on her hands. Slowly she removed one of her hands and noticed her tilt slightly before regaining her balance. I could see the little beads of sweat rolling off her forehead and onto the ground. Her eyes closed and focused. She was working on her endurance as well as strength and control. As she slowly dropped her legs in a split keeping the weight on her one hand I noted that she was also training her flexibility.

“More training?” I glanced at Kisame and nodded. Rin was the youngest and second female member of the Akatsuki. Ironic that she had become a part of the organization that had nearly killed her only a few years prior. Though in the years she’s been here she has proved herself. If she wasn’t on a mission she was training. 

“You know she’s in the bingo book now” I glanced at him and he handed me a small green book. In the four years she has been here Rin has grown and changed drastically. She was trained by Madara and me to use her sharingan to its full extent and through Kisame she mastered and advanced the sword skills she had learned from Zabuza. Finally Madara trained her in the art of assassination and well Rin took to it very well. It was odd to say that she’s probably killed more people than most ninja have in their life time but it was the truth. 

“They know nothing about her” I heard Kisame chuckle slightly as I looked at the page. They had no name, they didn’t have her gender right and the picture was a blur.

“She’s good at what she does” I admitted. It’s true, with each mission she only gained more knowledge of what not to do and what to better. She’s become stronger and what she held above other assassins was her speed, agility and flexibility. Her kills were fast, she didn’t make them suffer. She did her job, cleaned whatever was left, got the payment and disappeared without a trace. The only missions she never accepted were ones that involved the leaf. 

“Rin!” I looked back at Rin just as her focus broke and she slammed into the ground. I looked up as Pein stepped into the training room. Rin remained lying on the floor but slowly sat up on her elbows as she looked at him.

“How many times do I have to tell you not to bother me while I’m training?”

“You haven’t been doing your missions” She sighed as she rolled back onto her hands and pushed herself back to her feet.

“Actually I haven’t been doing the paperwork but it’s all in your room now so go away” Rin strongly disliked Pein mainly because she was slightly afraid of him. She didn’t like being afraid. When she first arrived she had feared Orochimaru. Most of her missions back then were done with me and back then I was also his partner. That is until he attempted to take Rin’s sharingan. After I trapped him in mangekyo and sliced off his hand he left the organization.

“You have a mission” She sighed.

“Where?”

 “Suna, the village hidden in the sand.” She nodded slightly.

 “A little close to Konoha don’t you think?”

 “I think you’ll manage” She took the scroll from him and glanced down at the writing.

 “The Kazekage is hiring me?”

 “He said he wanted the best, and he also wants this to be discreet so you have to avoid the sand ninja as well” She nodded slightly as her eyes scanned the scroll. Her dark eyes looked up to him then.

 “It’s just a kid?”

 “So are you” She raised her eyebrow and Pein sighed.

 “He’s about the same age as you, and just as dangerous. The Kazekage wants him gone. That is where you come in.”

 “Who is he?”

 “You’ll know him when you see him but if you must know they call him Gaara of the sand or of the dessert. Regardless he’ll be a tough opponent.” She nodded slightly. She’s taken on ninja of Jounin rank with ease but I knew she wasn’t careless. She never overestimated her ability and made sure to never underestimate her opponent.

“Right, I’ll leave tonight then.” He nodded.

 “Are you taking a partner?” She shook her head.

 “I’m an assassin; a partner would just get in my way.” He nodded again watching as she walked off. She liked to work alone and a part of me believed that it was because she didn’t like others seeing what she’s become and seeing how she worked. If she was afraid of anything else other than Pein it was who she turned into on a mission and I knew that I was blame to what she’s become. I brought her here, and I knew she had motives for staying but motives that not even I could figure out.