Driving (SlyPKC)

YO YO YO. 

I know its been a SUPER long time my dudes. But hey, random inspiration.  Enjoy it while its here.  That's literally when this book will be updated now (whenever I feel like it) cause I'm in university now, and I've had THE WORST writer's block for about half a year.  So yes. Enjoy. 

PICTURE is of the car when its all done. (1975 Ford Mustang btw)

Warnings: none

Sly gets a not-so-new present for his 18th birthday, and he spends the better part of a year fixing it up with his blonde-haired boyfriend, Seamus. (Think of this as a sort of one-off from my other story, Pyromania, in the sense that Sly is in the US living apart from his parents and in his own place k thanks)

T H E I R  D R I V I N G  P L A Y L I S T: 

Peach - The Front Bottoms

A Part of Me - Neck Deep

If I Tremble - Front Porch Step

Finding Something to Do - Hellogoodbye (song Sly sings)

Twin Size Mattress - The Front Bottoms

Your Graduation - Modern Baseball

Gum - Moose Blood (lyrics at the end)

Clairvoyant - The Story So Far

(whatever else you think they would listen to while driving, up to you, leave a comment)

~~~~~~~~~~ 

"Buenos dias, Mijo! Feliz cumpleaños!" 

Sly automatically held the phone further away from his ear at the loud screech coming through from the other end.  He seriously thought that his mom was more excited for his 18th birthday than he was.  He had only been conscious (not even close to awake) for about 3 seconds, having woken up to the sound of his phone ringing.  He heard the chatter die down on the other end of the call, and brought the phone back to his ear. 

"Gracias, mama.  I'm surprised you remembered." 

Sly heard his mom draw in a gasp of utter shock. "You didn't really think I'd forget my own son's birthday?!  You being all the way over there made me remember it even more than normal!" 

"Mama, that makes no sense." 

"Ay, papi, just go to your uncle's house later today.  You'll see what I mean when you get there." 

Sly's eyebrows quirked at this, his brain struggling to make sense of his mother's words.  

"Eddie, Mijo, you still there?" 

"Ah, yeah. Sorry, mama."  Sly ran a hand through his already-tousled hair and fucked it up even more by tangling his fingers in it.  He continued listening to his mother speak, nodding and grunting a few "mhm's" from the back of his throat.  After telling her he loved her too, he hung up, still not remembering who was laying beside him the whole time, listening. 

He started to stretch, raising his arms high in a vain effort to touch the ceiling, when a voice startled him out of his movements.  

"Have I ever told you that I love watching you stretch? 'Cause I really do." 

Sly's head slowly turned to take in the sight of his blonde-haired boyfriend laying on his side on the bed next to him.  He blinked at Seamus once, then twice, and then a third time before his brain finally registered the memories from the previous day.  Seamus had spent the night after they got shit-faced drunk playing video games in celebration of Sly's birthday.