Shopping Carts (NovaHD)

~~~~~~~~~~

(Use the photo to imagine Aleksandr's "I'm about to fuck shit up" face, just without the 'stache)

"Aaaaaaaaleks?"  James voice echoed through the halls of the apartment he shared with his boyfriend of two years.  

He heard footsteps laced with the voice of the Russian that he loved so much.  "Yea, what's up?" 

James closed the door of the fridge after he straightened and pulled his head out of the way.  "We don't have any food to make dinner with."  James turned around to be met face to face with the brunette, a confused look making his eyebrows scrunch together slightly.  

"We don't? Didn't we just go shopping like...two weeks ago?"  Aleks lightly pushed past James to open the fridge and see for himself.  "Oh, well you're right.  Does that mean we need another trip to the store then?"  

James frowned at the devilish smirk that had spread across Aleks's lips.  "Oh hell no, you're not going this time.  You almost got us kicked out last time for being a destructive little shit!"  His arms flew up in the air, emphasizing his point.  

Aleks didn't reply, choosing instead to give James his best "I'm a little fucker and I know it" face before grabbing the car keys off the kitchen counter.  "Let's go, I'm driving."  

James only sighed and went to put on a beanie over his unruly mess of hair before following his boyfriend out the door, downstairs, and into their car.  

It took a few minutes to reach the store that was fairly close to their home.  Once the car was parked, James shot out of the car and left Aleks to lock it while he ran to get a cart.  There was no way he was letting the Russian push the cart; last time almost ended in thousands of dollars worth of damage to the store's front windows.  

So James smiled triumphantly at Aleks as he sauntered past and into the store's sliding doors, both hands in his pockets and the biggest, most shit-eating grin plastered onto his face.  James's smile dropped as he began to worry for his own (and the store's) safety.  

James kept a careful eye on Aleks, watching every time he would pick something up to inspect it and then put it back in its place.  A certain brand of cereal caught James's attention, so he looked to his left for a moment.  

"Hey, asshole, think fast."  

James looked forward just in time to see Aleks tossing a jar of pickles right at him, and he panicked to catch the jar before it could hit the floor and smash into tiny pieces.  Luckily, he caught it (like it was the winning touchdown of the super bowl) and breathed a small sigh of relief.  Once he let out his breath, however, his fury was unleashed on Aleks.  

"What the fuck was that, you dick?!  That could've made such a giant mess!"  His frown was so deep that there were lines in his forehead.  

Aleks's eyes danced with a playful light in them as he replied, "It's a good thing you caught them then."  He winked and turned away from James, continuing on down the aisle.  James just sighed in frustration and followed the younger man.  

They had collected most of the supplies to cook dinner than night and breakfast the next morning, Aleks wanting to do something nice for how frustrated he was making James at the store.  He had pulled the random toss trick twice after the jar of pickles, and he could tell James was almost at the end of his rope.  

They saved the dairy products for last, James parking the cart a little ways behind where the milk was and walking forward so that he could get a gallon.  Aleks smirked to himself as he saw his golden opportunity to get his weapon of mass destruction: the shopping cart.