Chapter Five

C H A P T E R | F I V E

After our talk on the way home from Nandos, Caspar didn't seem to bring the conversation up once we were home. Which was a good thing. Yet, not so good. Caspar is one to usually pester about things until he got an answer, but surprisingly, he didn't about this. And that didn't settle well for me.

After half an hour of Caspar editing a video and me trying to read, I had to bring the conversation up. "For fucks sake, Caspar, just say it already," I snapped, then lightly slammed my book on the coffee table. Caspar swiveled around in his chair to face me.

"What?" He asked, confused, but I knew he was lying. He knew what I was on about.

"Oh, cut the crap. You know what I mean."

"Nope, no idea," he said, shrugging and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, you do. Now say it," I said, getting annoyed.

"Fine, only because you're my best friend," he started. "Look, A, I know you still have feelings for him. I mean, I'm your best friend, I practically know everything about you," he said, laughing. I laughed, slightly, agreeing. "And I know you're mad at him and all, but you honestly have to hear him out."

Huh? Hear him out? What's he on about?

"What are you talking about?" I asked him, confused.

"I've said enough. You'll have to ask Joe yourself," he replied and went back to editing. I frowned to myself.

What could he be talking about?

****

I spent the rest of the day and the next day thinking about what Caspar said.

Hear Joe out? Hear him out on what? I know what happened that night. I was there. I saw with my whole two eyes, so what the hell could Caspar mean?

I decided to leave it and carry on working. Before I knew it, I had already finished my shift. Damn, I must've been so caught up in my head to even realise I finished.

I quickly gathered my stuff together, said bye to my co-workers and left for the journey home. It wasn't long before Caspar called me like usual after I finished.

"Hi, Casp," I said into the phone. I heard a crash and a bang from the other end and frowned. What the fuck has he done now?

"Oh shit," I heard him mumbled. Before I could ask him what happened, he said, "hey, A, you might wanna hurry home. You need to get ready."

I frowned even more and said, "get ready? What do you mean?"

"We're going to a party. Josh invited me. Said I could bring a friend, so you're the friend. Now, hurry!" Before I could protest, he hung up and I huffed. I was hoping to stay home tonight, have a nice bath and catch up on my shows on Netflix. But I guess I'm going to a party now.

Don't get me wrong, I like my fair share of parties. But going to a party straight after a double shift? Now that wasn't my cup of tea.

****

"How do I look?" I asked Caspar as I walked into his room.

I was wearing a white crop top with a red high waisted skirt. Over the crop top I had an unbuttoned chambray shirt on. To top it off, I had my favourite pair of brown lace up chunky boots on and my go to brown shoulder bag. I decided against putting a full face of makeup on since I knew it would end up smudged by the end of the night. So I went with a more laid back look. A little bit of mascara on my eyelashes, concealer to cover up a couple of blemishes and a baby pink lip gloss to give some colour to my lips.

I did a little twirl for him and Caspar wolf whistled. Well, he tried to anyway.

"If I wasn't seeing someone right now, I'd fuck you," he joked. I laughed, taking that as a I look good, and walked back into my room. I grabbed my phone and my purse and shoved them into my bag. I walked out of my room and up the stairs to find Caspar with some sort of drink in his hand.

"Already drinking, huh?" I said, playfully smirking. He laughed and took a sip.

"You know I'm all about the pre-drinks," he said. This time I laughed and decided to get myself a glass. Turns out the drink was some sort of Whiskey. I've never had it before; I think it was foreign.

"God, that's fucking strong," I said, cringing at the taste. I never drank Whiskey so as it trickled down my throat, it burned. A lot.

"Get used to it. You're finishing that glass. You're not wasting perfectly good Whiskey," Caspar stated and I mentally slapped myself for getting so much. I should've tasted a bit before pouring a whole glass.

"God, this is starting to kill," I mumbled after a few more sips. My throat felt like it was on fire. I decided to just down the drink, so it didn't hurt so much from taking small sips.

"Here, have some water. I don't want you dying on me when we haven't even left the house," Caspar said, offering me a glass of water. I took it, thankful, and downed it.

After the heavenly drink of water that I definitely needed, I slammed it on the counter and made a cringe face.

"You'd think being my best friend and all, you'd warn me about strong drinks like that," I complained. I got a piece of tissue and wiped my mouth. Looks like I have to re-do my lip gloss.

"And you'd think being my best friend and all, you'd know I like my drinks strong," Caspar mimicked. I mock laughed from the mirror on the other side of the room as I re-applied my lip gloss.

"I didn't think it'd be that strong! It was whiskey and I'm fine with whiskey."

"Yeah, but it was foreign whiskey, A," Caspar said, finishing the rest of the drink.

"Could've warned me still," I replied. He was going to say something but his phone dinged, signalling a text. He got his phone from his pocket and looked at it.

"Right, enough chit chat, uber is here," he said, clapping his hands. I finished re-applying my lip gloss and shoved it in my bag.

After grabbing everything I needed, I followed Caspar out the front door and to the uber.

It was a chilly night. The area we lived in wasn't that busy so the only sound was the howl of the wind as it brushed by and the sound of the uber's engine. The trees danced from side to side and I tightened my jacket around me as a gush of wind zoomed by. The stars were out, which is a surprise in London. It was beautiful, nevertheless.

When we got to the uber, Caspar opened the back door for him and I thanked him and got in. Caspar followed behind and shut the door.

---

A/N: Chapter 5 done and dusted! I apologise for taking so long, I started college and a new job so life is hectic. Also, I've literally been procrastinating my whole life, so I really do apologise for a really late update on this story. Many people have probably lost hope in this, but I do hope y'all come back! As I hope to come back! I have many ideas for the rest of the book, so I do hope you stick around.

But for now, enjoy this chapter. Hopefully, another chapter uploads tomorrow!

Until then, enjoy! Goodbye!

P.S. the picture above is the picture of the dress Arielle wears to the party.

joee_sugg