Chapter Thirteen

C H A P T E R | T H I R T E E N

"Is food ready yet?"

"Shut up, A, you've asked that like a million times," Oli said, standing by the cooker. There were various different pans and pots on the stove as he cooked. He was making a full English breakfast, mmm.

Most people had ended up leaving in the early morning. The only people that stayed were Oli, Jack, Conor, Josh, Mikey, Zoe, and Alfie. Joe and Hanna were still no where to be found and my mind just clicked on it.

"Guys," I called out as I swivelled in the island chair to face Conor, Josh, Mikey, and Alfie sat on the couches, watching TV. Zoe went to have a shower in my bathroom and Jack, well, the last time I remember seeing him was the night before. "Where's Joe and Hanna?"

They all shrugged and I frowned, swivelling back to lean my elbows on the counter top, my head in the palm of my hands, as I watched Oli cook. I decided to not worry much about the two because Hanna had the tendency to leave without saying goodbye, so she's probably tucked up nice and cosy in bed somewhere. And Joe, he's probably fast asleep downstairs.

A plate full of delicious food was placed in front of me, making my mouth water.

"There you go." Oli smiled and handed a plate each to the others as well.

"Fuck, I love you so much, Oli," I exclaimed because digging in.

"Holy shit, I had no idea you could cook," Josh mumbled, a mouth full of food.

I scrunched my nose up in disgust from hearing the boys eat behind me. Why do they have to be so loud?

The sound of footsteps came from the stairs and I glanced back to see Jack walking up.

"Hey Jack, there's food in the kitchen," Oli told him and Jack grinned like a child.

I heard him walk up behind me and stop. I continued to shove my face with food, thinking nothing of it. However, the sudden feeling of his lips at the corner of my mouth, made me stop chewing, the fork dropped on the table and my eyes widened.

What the fuck?

Even the other boys had noticed this as it went silent and I could feel all their eyes on us. Jack hadn't noticed this and was grabbing himself a plate.

What the fuck just happened? Jack has never kissed me before! He wouldn't just randomly kiss me!

Oh, no...did I do something last night? I thought to myself. The night before was a blur to me. The last thing I remember is Zoe and Alfie showing up. Oh, crap, something could've happened.

Before I could question anything, I heard footsteps coming from the stairs again. This time it sounded like there was more than one person, though. I looked over my shoulder to see Joe and Hanna walking up, laughing to themselves.

What the double fuck?

The boys on the couches looked between me and Jack to Joe and Hanna, as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. The sight of them two made anger boil inside me; I don't know why.

With my mind focusing on Joe and Hanna, I hadn't noticed Jack sit beside me, snaking an arm around my waist. I heard Joe and Hanna's laughter die down after. I did wonder why but I did not want to face them.

It was silent. The only sound being the clattering of the knives and forks on the plates from the boys. I had lost my appetite so I pushed my plate away from me.

I was hurt. My best friend and the boy I am possibly still in love with. Sure, I may not know what they did, for all I know they could've just had a nice chat, but seeing as they both disappeared most of the night before, my mind does wonder what could've happened.

Did they sleep together? Did they just make out? Maybe they just had a normal, friendly conversation?

My brain itched more closer to 'sleep together.'

My jaw clenched as my eyes narrowed on the kitchen window. I jumped from my seat and Jack frowned at me.

Oh, fuck, Jack! What had happened with Jack? Why was Jack acting all coupley with me? Did we do something? Oh dear no.

My mind is going to explode. So much is happened. I need to leave!

Next thing you know, I was legging it out the front door.

****

19 missed calls from Zoe

2 missed calls from Hanna

16 missed calls from Jack

12 missed calls from Joe

54 unread messages

I sighed, shoving my phone back into my pocket. It's been a few hours since I ran out of my own home. Everything was getting too much for me. I was overwhelmed; I couldn't do it.

I lightly pushed myself on the swing. I was back at the park me and Joe had that almost kiss at. I don't know why I came here. I just let my legs carry me wherever they wanted. I didn't care. I just had to get out.

Everything was so hectic. First Jack comes up, kissing me as if we're a couple! Then Joe and Hanna emerge together, making me wonder what the fuck they did. Obviously nothing good.

I was so confused. Nothing made sense. All because of the party I threw the night before.

"For fucks sake, Arielle," I scowled myself, slapping my forehead.

I shouldn't have ran away the first chance I got. However, I had a tendency to run from things I didn't want to deal with. That doesn't usually work out for the best as I end up having to deal with it one time or another.

I guess, having to not deal with it for a while at first is perfectly fine with me!

"Why are you sad?" The sudden voice of a child pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked to my right to see a small boy, maybe around 4, sat on the swing beside me.

"I'm not, kid," I replied.

I didn't even know what I felt. So many emotions surged through me. I was upset. Upset over the fact that my best friend and ex boyfriend, who, I will admit, I still love, may or may not have slept together. I was angry. Angry that they would do that to me. Hanna knew how much hurt I went through after the break up. Hanna knew how much I was hopelessly in love with Joe, yet she still went and slept with him! I was confused. What happened last night between me and Jack? Did we do something? Why did he kiss me out of the blue? Did Joe and Hanna even sleep together or am I just assuming the worst?

So many questions. And the only way to the answers is to face them. Even if I didn't want to.

"Do you want to see my dinosaur? It will make you feel better," he said as he got up from the swing.

I smiled and nodded. "Sure, why not?"

He grinned up at me, his small blue eyes twinkling, and grabbed my hand. He tugged me off the swing and starting pulling me towards a bench where a woman, not much older than me, sat, her eyes fixated on us. She was smiling and I gave her a smile back.

"Mummy! She wants to see my dinosaur! Can I show her? Pretty please!" He exclaimed, letting go of my hand and running into his mother's lap.

"Sure thing, Declan," she said, pulling a toy dinosaur out of her bag. The boy, Declan, grabbed it, thanking her, and spun around to face me.

I kneeled down on the floor so that I was level with the child. He grinned, placing the dinosaur in my hands.

"It's a T-Rex! His name is Sam!"

And the rest of my day was spent with Declan and his mother, who I found out was called Sophia.