Chapter One: Being a Hudson

I am Who I am

I do not own Glee, it's characters, it's dialogue or musical compositions. I do not own any music that is being used in the fiction, it belongs to the singer and or songwriter.  I own my plot and characters.

As always my fictions are chalked full of Finchel Smut. If you can't handle it this is not for you.  Chris is the main focus of this story along with his parents. The other kids will feature in a small capacity. 

The story will follow Glee Canon, but will contain some AU. I have not abandoned my other story I will write simultaneously  

Christopher Hiram Hudson rolled over in his bed that has shrunk in his opinion over the last few months. His mom says he grew, but he thinks she's wrong.  Okay so maybe she's not. It has been really difficult getting use to this bigger, taller body. They all knew he'd be tall; his dad is 6'4" for goodness sake. But damn why does he have to be so long.  Chris has been tripping over his new length since 8th grade ended. Now to top off this wonderful growth spurt and awkward summer, his dad retired. That's not bad enough, no the Hudson parents have decided that they should move to little ole Lima Ohio. "It's a great place to grow up Chrissy." His mom says. "You'll like it, it's the high school I met your mom at and where I set all-time records on the gridiron" His dad contributed.

Okay, here's the thing. Chris knows how lucky he has it. His dad was the starting Quarterback for the New York Giants for the last 11 years. His mom has starred in four Broadway shows, Funny Girl, Evita, Oklahoma and an original lead in Glee the musical. She also has three Tony awards. So he really hasn't wanted for much in his 14 years on this earth.

He has two sisters Isabella Carole 12, Aiyana Grace 8, and he has a little brother Cullen Finn 4. Really he knows how lucky he is. But what he doesn't get is why his parents want to ruin his life before it gets started. So he's dramatic like his mother, it's what Uncle Blaine always says. He just doesn't want to start a new school. He knows the kids are only going to like him because who his dad is. He has had to weed out the real friend from the fake since he was 7 years old.  He's dad is a big deal he gets that, I mean he did just beat Peyton Manning again in the super bowl, but he wants to be liked for Chris, not for being Finn Hudson's son.  Most definitely he did not want girls liking him because his mom is THE RACHEL HUDSON.  How can he define himself in this new school with the last name Hudson?

Chris swings his long legs off the bed and pulls on the sweat pants that had been abandoned when he went to bed last night. He pads downstairs of his new house in Lima Summit. It's the fanciest neighborhood in Lima. Big Houses, big yard, big pools, yada, yada, yada.  It's big, he gets it. He misses their New York City penthouse.  It was perfect.  He has already had to find Cullen five times since they moved here because he got lost in the big house.

He feels like he's in the big house. Alright there he goes being dramatic again.  It's not like he's in prison, he just a little hesitant to venture out into the neighborhood, because he knows the town is a buzz with the Hudson's moving back.  There were paparazzi and fans lined up on the outside of the house two months ago when they moved in. Chris has pretty much stayed within the house or out by the pool. Got to get some color before school starts.

Chris finally makes it to the kitchen to find his mom by the stove, his sisters setting the table, Cullen yelling he's hungry, he's a Hudson, and he's always hungry and Dad sitting reading the paper. Typical Saturday morning at Chez Hudson.

"Good Morning Chrissy" Mom says.  "Mom, I've asked you to please refrain from using that nickname. I don't like it. It makes me sound like a baby." Chris responds

"Sorry, Mr. Grumpy pants" his mom says grabbing his face to plant a wet sloppy kiss to his cheek.

"Mom really" Chris says aggravated.