Chapter Twenty Two

A/N: Hey guys, I'm SO sorry for the lack of updates! I told you guys, no matter how long it takes, I will update! I won't abandon my stories bc I know how frustrating it is to get into a story and then it just *ends* ._. like rlly. Quick notes: small time skip, short chapter. Anyway enjoy loves <3  

It's been a week and I haven't heard from Vic. 

I must've really pissed him off.

The day after the grad party I woke up dizzy, groggy, and with faint memories of where I was or why I was there. Matty, bless his soul, was kind enough to remind me of the actions following the present time. He even showed me the video of me (drunk) sassing both him and Vic. Matty, being the comical soul he is, took it lightly; whereas Vic stormed off and I haven't heard from him. There's two problems with me not hearing from Vic.

1) I'm clingy as all hell and I don't like it when he's mad at me. It makes me miserable. 

2) He leaves for university in three days. 

I've called, texted, voicemailed (even though I hardly do that), and still nothing! I've resorted to something I don't like to do, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. My hopes are severed by the downside, but maybe this unexpected house visit will change the situation.

-

I arrive at the Fuentes' house, greeted by Mike and Alysha sitting on the steps.

"Hey Mike!" I called out. He and Alysha exchange glances, and he scoffs a measly, "hey."

I decided to ignore the unwelcoming welcome and skip to the point of my presence. "Is Vic home?" I asked.

Without looking my way, he replies, "Yea he's up there- I don't think he wants to see you, but give it a shot if you want."

I nod and step past them and make my way into the familiar home.

"Vic?" I call, jogging up the staircase. 

"Yeah?" He replies, stepping out to see who it was. When he sees it's me, he instantly frowns and shuts the door in my face. "Not now Kellin. I'll speak with you when I'm ready."

"But you're leaving in three days!! You're not planning to leave without a word to me are you?" I whine, sliding my back down his door like a child.

"No, but I will speak to you when I'm ready!" He shouts from the other side.

"Victor Fuentes, I'm coming in!" I say and barge in the room without warning. He's packing his bags, and listening to music on Spotify from his computer.

"I told you I'll talk when I'm ready." He says with a sigh, walking over to the computer to shut off the music.

"But Viccy, I miss youu, and I'm sorry for what I did at the party. Please forgive me babe, I don't want you to be mad at me anymoree." I whine again, wiggling myself into his arms. He hugs back and rests his chin on my shoulder. I think I've won him over, but then he says:

"Kells we need to talk."

 I hate those words. Everytime someone says those words to me, I get anxious and feel the need to cry. Did I really mess up that badly?

We sit down on his bed, me staring at him attentively, trying to read anything from his expression, and him not being able to stare back. "What is it Vic?" I ask desperately.

He starts with a sigh. "Kells, you know I love you. What you did at the party is okay, I got over that a few days ago. But Kells, it's about us...and me going to college...I don't think..."

I dreadfully ask "You don't think what?" even though I know what he's going to say.

He looks back at me with tears in his eyes, and he says, "I-I love you, but I don't think I can do this anymore."