Chapter 15

"WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" she asked, putting her hair in a high ponytail.

I sighed in frustration. Amanda was acting like she knew absolutely nothing about anything she had ever done to Ana. Could I have possibly considered this girl a best friend just a little over a week ago?

What a person I had been. Could God and my family and friends ever seriously forgive me? I wouldn't blame them if they never did.

"Amanda, please, just stay away from Ana. If you try to bother her again, I will have to go to an adult. My parents or yours maybe," I said, surprised I was speaking up to my supposingly ex-bestie like this.

"So, you're threatening me?" she sneered, but she had an edge to her tone which sounded like she was a little afraid of me telling on her to anyone.

"No, not at all. But I am telling you that I won't have my best friend be bullied by you or any of your friends. I will make sure it happens if you do anything ever again." I said, trying to sound kind although I was nearly in-furiatated.

"Well, just you see. I have friends- friends who won't stop, even if I do. Much too late to tell us to do anything except what we're already committed to doing now. See you in drama practice, Hannah." She walked away in her high heels, laughing, and catching up with a friend who looked back at me, giggling.

Whatever happens now, I am in trouble, my friends are in trouble. I have failed my family, and I have failed God. I don't deserve anything, most especially forgiveness, from them.

I fell against the wall, slid down, sitting on my sneakers, hiding my head in my knees crying, crying out of regret. Fear. Confusion. To God. Would He listen? Would He care that I am sorry? Or was it too late for me?

"Is there anything I can do to stop what I have unconsciously started?" I asked, crying without stopping.

....................................................................................................................................

The bullying wouldn't stop. It just wouldn't. Ana kept getting terrible text messages. Then I started to. We had no idea who was in on all this with Amanda, but we knew there was someone. And it was terrible. The text messages were so, so mean. They wouldn't stop. It was hurting us so bad, but Ana and I just tried to bear it. We prayed a lot together. I couldn't believe Ana wanted to even hang out with me after all I had done, but she had forgiven me. She was too kind of a friend.

And we didn't tell our parents about all the bullying. We had decided that it would be better to keep it between us. The pain felt by us-the stress, the feeling of loneliness, we didn't want our parents or friends to know how much suffering it was and for them to worry terribly themselves about us.

.........................................................................................................................

Danny and I were at my house practicing our parts in the play. And we both had very red cheeks. Not from the cold outside as we had walked home. From embarrassment.

We had found out that as me as Sleeping Beauty, and Danny as the Prince, would have to kiss me in the play. The thought had crossed my mind that we would have to do something like that. It was part of the Sleeping Beauty story. But I wasn't sure and hadn't thought much about it because I had been so busy with everything else in my life the past few weeks.

And our drama director wouldn't even tell us if he would just have to kiss me on the forehead or what. I was so embarrassed, and by the looks and way Danny was acting, so was he. For a minute, I forgot all my troubles in the problem I had now which I was so embarrassed about.

"So, let's try out the part where we meet in the forest, we still haven't got that down yet," I suggested.

"Yeah, um, okay," he responded quickly.

Usually Danny just says yes, confidentently and in his cute quiet way. Not now. He was definitely embarrassed.

We practiced out the part I had mentioned, getting more awkward than ever with each passing moment. We would meet each other's eyes and then he would quickly look away. We had to hold each other's hands as we come upon each other "in the forest" but his hands felt quite cold and livid in mine. We finished the scene, both of us, I am sure, in relief.

"Well, I better get home soon Hannah," Danny said awkwardly, not in his usual friendly open way, checking his phone.

"Oh, okay. Are your parents picking you up?"

"No, I'll just walk home. Its not far anyway. See you tomorrow in World History Hannah," he said more quietly than he has ever done before.

"Yeah, bye Danny." I said quietly too.

He looked at me then realized I was looking at him and quickly left.

What has got into Danny? I thought. He has never acted like this. He's always quiet, but communicative. He has never acted in this strange manner before. Danny, what on earth is the matter?

Then my phone dinged. I used to I enjoy hearing that that sound from my phone. I used to be like "oh, a text message! or notification!" Now, I dreaded that sound.

.................................................................................................................................

There's definitely quite a few things going on now in Hannah's life. Do you think Amanda may stop her harassing? Why do you think Danny is acting so strangely? Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments! And if you enjoyed it, please vote as well! :) I hope to update with another chapter within a couple days, so stay tuned! :D