Chapter 30: Beach part 1/2

Eric dropped me off at home about a half hour later. The people were gone. They left with no trace. I'm in my room laying in bed. I can't go to sleep. The voices I heard coming from the kitchen kept playing in my head. One was a girl. I'm pretty sure she's the vampire that was with Roderick. But the other voice. I recognize it. But from where? It was a boys voice. It sounded about my age maybe a little older. I couldn't figure out where I knew it from though. It worried me. It could be anyone. After a lot of thinking for a while I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the smell of bacon. Yes. My mom cooked bacon again. I threw my hair into a bun then walked into the kitchen. "Morning!" I said. Everyone turned around surprised at how happy I was. "Someone's happy." My mom said looking at me with a slightly confused look face. "I made you bacon and pancakes expecting you to be sad." Ok how did she know I was sad last night. I came home pretty happy. "How did you know I sad?" I asked confused. Wait. I forgot to wash my makeup off. I probably still had run down mascara all over my face. "Honey, your mascara-" my aunt started to say but I ran off to my room to wash it off ASAP.

After I cleaned up I went back into the kitchen. I don't want my family to know what happened so ill just say I was playing with friends in the sprinklers. No that sounds worse then what actually happened. I sat down at the table where my already filled plate was. "Why were you sad last night?" I heard my mom question as I went to take a bite of bacon. "Oh, me and some-Justin and I broke up." The words slipped of my mouth before I could stop them. My mom looked up at me "oh honey I'm so sorry." I hate when she does this. She always assumes the worst. "I broke up with him." I blurted. Damnit. Why do I keep doing that? "It's still hard honey." I heard my mom try again to comfort me.

The rest of breakfast I ate in silence. After breakfast I decided to go to the beach with Eric. He's so sweet. And I know we just met and everything. But I already feel like I've known him for months. I looked down at my hand entwined in his. He must have seen me because he said "what? Do you not want me to hold your hand?" He started to pull his hand out of mine. But I stopped him by holding his hand tighter "no, I was just thinking about how lucky I am." I leaned up to him and lightly kissed him on the lips. Just then my phone rang. I sat up and reached over to my beach bag that had my phone in it. I grabbed my phone out and looked to see what it was. It was a text from Justin saying "hey, can we talk. It's important. It involves the people who were in your house last night." I am not in the mood to talk to Justin right now. I turned off my phone and put it away laying next to Eric.