Chapter 9: Rest

I stayed in the closet for a while longer while my family banged on the door wanting in. After a while I got up and went and curled up into a ball in my bed falling asleep.

I woke up to my mom walking in the room "morning honey!" She was holding our blue tray and all I could see on it was a cup. "What's that?" I asked. She smiled "well the family decided to cook you breakfast because we know how bad you were feeling." I smiled "thank you mom!" She set down the tray. There was 3 pancakes with chocolate chips and syrup, eggs, bacon and strawberries along with a cup of orange juice. "Now! When you want to you can tell me what happened."

I faked a smile. This was real. For a second I had thought it was all a dream. I moved the tray off of my lap and got my laptop. I turned it on and went to Netflix then I began to eat breakfast after I was done with breakfast I set my tray on the floor. A little later my brother came in with one his toy pager things. He handed it to me "Call me if you need me. Ill get you anything you want." He started to leave but I stopped him "could you bring the tray into the kitchen and get me some candy?" He nodded and smiled.

He took the tray, came back with some candy then left. This is what I needed. A day of no drama. And no fear. I spent the rest of the day laying in bed watching Netflix and having my brother bring me stuff.

When I went to bed I checked the calendar on my phone and realized I started school tomorrow. Oh god. I do not want to start school here. Maybe I could just be sick for the first 6 months then go to school. This sucks...