Chapter 32

It is like we are soul mates, bound together for eternity; I do believe we were made for each other, its fate. We bonded so well when we first met. He kisses me over and over with so much passion. I kiss him back. I find I am more... free without the others around, when it is just me and Josh we don't have to worry about making the others uncomfortable. Josh slowly takes me by the waste and tilts me back till my back arcs and my head drops back letting my hair falling away from my neck and shoulders. He kisses my neck gently sucking a little on my delicate skin. I giggle, my whole body shakes with laughter. I hear him chuckle as he runs his teeth along my skin, teasing me. He smiles at me, bringing my head up slightly, our lips meet again; reunited as one. Josh strokes down from my chin down to the middle of my red, V-neck jumper with one finger.

I laugh as it tickles. He laughs also kissing me again before bringing me back up. I look into his eyes with my arms round his neck. Nothing could be such a perfect moment.

"Are your parents vampires?" I query in a small voice, wondering if it's the best time to ask. Josh shakes his head with a saddened eyes; it's a hard subject for him.

"They died many centuries ago; I had to watch them die, just like every one of my friends that I met along my way. It can be painful, especially when I get close to someone emotionally. I fear of losing you. I cannot turn everyone I love into a Vampire, it is a curse, and I don't wish it upon any body. I couldn't do that to you, unless you're really willing, if you really and truly understand what it is like to live a life like mine.

'Could I deprive you of a peaceful rest of death in years to come? Could I put you through the pain of the exchange as the poison rips through every vein and every organ of your body?" Josh explains, before I get a chance to speak, I see he's holding the blooded tears back. I bring his head into my shoulder to comfort him. I open my mouth to speak again but close it; I don't really know what to say.

"It's ok," His pulls himself together and smiles weakly for me to carry on.

"So how did they act when they realised that you are growing no older?" I question taking his hand; he looks up and looks into my eyes.

"They were frightened and thought I had a condition or disease. I could have turned them, but I didn't want to cause them the pain I was getting. I wanted to die with them, but it obviously was impossible. I travelled away from my friends; this is when I met Heather and Julian. I was out hunting; we tracked down the same animal.

'We drink animal blood to a certain extent until we can get human blood; however we have to travel away from where we live to do that, which is why we cannot do it all the time, it's easier this way; we can't be caught. We don't want to draw any attention to ourselves.

"Back to the subject; they found I was alone, I told them my story and I moved with them, people naturally think they are my parents. We move around from place to place, I have been to many schools; doing so I met Jake, Joseph and Scarlett, known as my brothers a sister.

'Scarlett and I met at school, she was already a changed, and this is why we got on so well. She then introduced me to her other half and her brother and they all travel together. Joseph is her other half who she exchanged selfishly after being left with the horrible fate herself;

'She couldn't bare leave her love and Jake is her brother who she met along the way, all are not blood related of course. They travelled alone then, however in time they got to know my little family and came to join us making life easier to lay low and blend in with the human crowd.

"Naturally we should call ourselves a coven but we prefer family; more human and natural. However this is my last time in school and my time being with my family, I am going to go my own way and travel. I will still keep in touch with them; it's just I don't want the pain no more," He explains and looks away with blood tears trickling down his face,

"I am terrified of losing you. I have never loved anyone like the way I love you. I have been searching for a vampire like you for so long, but instead I found you a fragile human; I am saddened to say. Either I make the choice of turning you or I watch you grow old and die; giving you the peace that you deserve"

The moment he says that, I feel tears flow from my own eyes. His emotions affect mine, is this effect of very strong, true love?

"I want to be with you, not just for a short, ageing human life; for eternity" I exclaim sliding my arms round his waste and resting my head on his chest. He holds me with no reply.

I have never felt this way about someone before. It scares me with the way we are similar and the way we feel so passionate about each other in only a few days. I don't want to lose him either. I want to be just like him, and there is nothing else I want more.

"I know, but I don't know if I can turn you and pull away, your blood is all so over powering for me Nadine, you must understand" Josh explains, "If I cannot pull away..."

He stops leaving the sentence hanging. His blood tears flow more increasing my clear, very human tears also.

"Honey, you will be able to. You can kiss me when you have just feasted on an animal, I shouldn't have put myself at risk however you controlled yourself, I trust you. You will be able to. Please, Josh don't leave me like this, I do not think I could stand it, dyeing, growing old, leaving you," I explain embedding my head further into Josh's firm chest.

He strokes my hair, trying to sooth my fears, but nothing seems to help. If I lose him, if I have to grow old and die, I do not think I will be able to cope watching every day go by with him not ageing, watching my suffer; it's a painful thought.

"I know, Nadine, I know," He murmurs, in a low voice into my ear.

Since I have been with him, it is like we have grown attached to each other. Of course Amanda hates me now but I have chosen. I choose Josh, I fear of losing him now and I love him more than ever, I know I can never leave him, bound to eternal love.

I actually have the fear of death, all throughout my life I have, I always try not to think of it, if he leaves me I will never be able to find him and I'll have to live and die. There is one way I could become a vampire like him; that is beg him, actually there are two the other; go to Heather and Julian and the rest of his family, either way I will eventually be with him forever; one way or another.

I won't give up easily, I am going to keep my stubbornness and make sure that I will stay with him. He will never watch me die. I won't have him go through no more pain. Never...

We get back to camp everyone is laughing and doing their own things. I glance around no sign of David. I assume he has not yet turned up. There is still the slight edge on their behaviour like something's up, or that something's going to happen.

"Have you seen David out on your travels?" Sally looks up from her book and asks. I shake my head with wonder, he can't have gone far. I climb into my tent, Josh comes in after me, and we shut ourselves away from the others. Josh lies on his sleeping bag, I cuddle up to him, and he holds my waste with his left arm.