Chapter 54

I look up slowly, and stare at them both through tears. Josh kneels in front of me, tears rolling down his face. He strokes my cheek then drops his hand down and stares at the ground. He feels ashamed for not telling me before, but I can fully understand why; at the time of meeting I wouldn't understand.

"How sad, such a sad ending," Amanda chuckles viciously, I have been friends with her since I moved here, how could she be so cold hearted. Her heartless words; they are like knifes ripping through my skin, tearing me apart bit by bit. I don't want any more pain; I have had to endure seeing William's remains and David's body in a pool of his own blood... two other friends injured and Sheila missing. I have had to endure the pain of mine and Josh's love... I don't want it anymore.

"Ending of what?" I mumble standing up, keeping my eyes to the ground, feeling my glossy hair drop and flow over my shoulders. I know exactly what she is on about, but I don't want to say it. I don't want to face the end.

"Your life of course," She sniggers. I stare at Josh he shoots me an angry glare but it's not aimed at me. He wants to end this once and for all. I can see the hatred he has for his sister but why didn't he tell me any of this before? I look into his mind, he opens up to me now... everything... all his memories; Amanda being born as a witch, his parents dyeing... him and Amanda fleeing from the village.

Amanda is Josh's little sister, he had to care for her; he watched her grow old, then when her body become too old she would turn into a baby and the process starts again. Josh had to care for her while she was in a baby form; however he got sick of it, her selfish ways and put her in a home... ever since he has been travelling the world and comes across her now and then. After he gave Amanda away he met Heather and Julian starting his new life with them

I still cannot see how it is possible, even by knowing Josh's memories. They look nothing like each other at all but it does explain why they looked at each other in recollection on Josh's first day at school. It explains all the funny attitude of Amanda but I still cannot see why I didn't see it? Why didn't I see it in his memories? Or did he block it or blank it from his mind.

The fact is Josh never told me about her, he kept it from me, and did his best to stop me seeing it. I don't understand there is something I am missing. I just don't know what it is... I can see some things which are like her parents, from the pictures I've seen. I assume that's why Josh turned all those photos over when we were in his house. He wanted to hide this all away from me...

All of a sudden Josh swipes a hand out at full speed and pushes Amanda; she goes flying through the air. I hear a loud crunch as she hits the ground; the others cringe feeling her pain. I swiftly look at Josh whose now standing. His face is full of anger, he looks more anxious now.

"Let's get her!" He demands, I nod as I instantly jump to my feet. He is my master I must obey... The words automatically skim through my mind as I react to his voice; it shocks me. We dart towards her, this is where I don't have to stand and watch... I can now fight alongside Josh, as a team, he's my love.

She doesn't get a chance to stand up. I Jump on her, grabbing her head and smacking it on the ground, hearing a loud crunch as her skull smashes. I move for Josh and pin her arms down; Josh starts to dig his finger nails into her flesh. We cannot bite her otherwise she will become more powerful. I gasp with horror as Josh suddenly goes shooting up in the air; she looks up at me and grins. In a second I go flying toward Josh. I land on him knocking him back down, she will not harm him; I hear the ground smash under us. Josh glares at her as she stands producing a ball of light in her hands.

We are never going to defeat her at this rate. If she really wants to kill us she can rip us to shreds, however I consider she is not that strong. Josh lifts me up and throws me out the way, as Amanda throws the ball of light towards us. Josh dodges it; I hit the ground with some force, but instead of me cracking, the ground cracks, I can see me being the one flying all over the place breaking anything I hit. I stare at the ground, seeing the impact, and then staring at the side which hit the ground, no mark at all.