Chapter Six - First day at work

Link went to wake Rhett up, it was about 9 am in the morning. Rhett groaned a little but quickly got out of bed.

" Listen Rhett. Let's get dressed and get going. " Link smiled.

Link was already dressed. He was wearing a blue NC state hoodie, black, soggy jeans and a grey beanie. Rhett got up and put on a red simple hoodie, soggy jeans and a baseball cap. Link waited for him in the hallway, tieing his sneakers. Rhett wasn't used to see Link dressed like this, ever since he met Link he'd been dressed in more fancy clothing. Black or dark blue suits, dark brown dressing shoes, white shirts and suspenders, but now he was basically wearing the opposite. Rhett stepped into his sneakers and grabbed his phone and wallet.

" So, is this how you work? You just walk up to the place? " Rhett asked, sticking his hands in his pockets.

" It depends on the case. This time yes, and I was thinking you'd be perfect for this. " Link answered.

" How? "

" The lightsaber is like three feet long, so you can you put it underneath your shirt, in your armpit and down your torso and leg, like this. " Link smiled and gestured.

Rhett smiled back.

" Sure, sounds cool. Let's go with it. "

Rhett and Link stepped into the coffee shop across the road from the comic book store.

" No need to rush. We'll have to wait until people start going in there, I've studied these patterns for days. " Link mumbled when they sat down at a table.

" What patterns? "

" How much time people spend in there. When the guys at the desk pays attention and how often people pass the place where lightsaber is displayed. This is important stuff if you wanna be successful. We gotta time it perfectly and leave quickly but quietly. "

" Woah, you're really into this stuff. "

" Of course I am. It's a tough buisness to have a successful career in. "

Rhett took a sip from his drink. He still wasn't sure about this stealing thing. His mind dug deeper into it and his train of thought went miles away from it's original destination.

" Link, I'm not so sure about this. I..." He began.

" Shh... it'll be okay. Trust me. It'll be okay. And you're in a need of money right? " Link sharply whispered.

" Well yeah, but is this really the way to go? "

" Unless you wanna go back to living in a small dorm room as a student or work at The Duck, yes. Plus, this is simple and thrilling. No one gets hurt, I'm not a criminal. Just a simple theif. " Link smiled.

Rhett took an other sip from his drink. He very well knew about the thrill after successfully completing a theft, but he'd never done it simply to earn cash. When he did it as a kid he did it to mess with his brother, and he hadn't stolen anything since he was 13 years old. And that time he got busted and promised never to steal again.

" I know you're insecure, and that's normal. But trust me, it'll be fine. Makes the world go around. " Link said and finished his scone.

The moment Link said that everything's going to be okay, Rhetts insecurity soften a little bit. He kept thinking of it for a minute. No one would get hurt, him and Link would win on it, Links friend would win on it. And the guys at the comic book store were jerks, everyone wins...