Chapter Twelve - We're not safe

Link got inside the house and sat down in the living room, he rested his head in his head and kept trying to regain his breath. Rhett closed the glass door and pulled the curtain shut.

" I'm gonna go check on that window. You stay here. " Rhett firmly said and walked up the stairs.

As he was walking up another gun shot was heard and hit another window on the same floor. In fright Rhett rushed back down the stairs.

" On a second thought I'm staying here. " He gasped.

Link sat competently still in the couch, sweat was running down his face, making his dark hair stick to his forehead. There was someone, outside the house, trying to kill them. They had no idea whom it could be.

" We gotta leave Link, or fight back. "

Link slowly lifted his gaze and looked at Rhett.

" I'm not leaving. " He angrily hissed.

Link stood up and walked over to a closet, he opened it and took out two pistols.

" I'm not leaving this house because of some bastard trying to ruin my day. "

Link ran up the stairs and Rhett was quick to follow, Link covered his mouth with a white napkin he'd tied around his head. They walked along the walls. Link started running into the room where the window had been broke by the first shot, he kicked in the door and saw the window laying on the floor, leaving a big whole in the wall. With carefully steps he walked in and looked out the window, and outside he saw a man standing in the backyard, holding a shotgun and pointing it at Link. And before Link was able to the react the shot was fired and went a full speed towards Link. But he was lucky, the shot missed him, but left a bad burn and scratch on Link's cheek. The blood started trickling down from it, but Link was quick to respond but shooting a few bullets from his gun. He never hit the man, but it was plenty to scare him away.