Elizabeth {Chapter Six}

sooo excited for this story!!!

please comment, i'd really love to know what you think!

Chapter Six

“How did you sleep?” Janet asked me the next morning as I walked down the stairs.

“Not well,” I grumbled, trying to smooth out my hair.

“So I was thinking,” Janet started. “Maybe she’ll stay quiet. Maybe this girl will just think she imagined it all.” She said optimistically.

“Yeah, and what about her fiancé, who is probably still passed out in their living room with two small wounds in his jugular?”

That seemed to stump her a bit.

“Do you remember my friend Abby?” Janet asked.

“The weird one, like, thirty years ago?” I asked confused.

“Yeah,” she replied, ignoring the insult to her friend. “Remember someone saw her bite someone and they never told a soul. See, some of these humans think that if they tell anyone, that you’ll kill them in their sleep.”

“That’s it!” I said, awake now.

“What’s it?” She asked slowly, concerned.

“I’ll kill her and then she can’t tell anyone!”

“Noooo. No, no, no. So what do they make of a random death? Then they go looking for the murderer. How about no.”

After a second she continued. “Just leave it alone, Eli. If I see anything in the news or anywhere else, I’ll let you know.”

“Alright,” I said. “I’m going to go back to sleep.”

And I ended up not leaving my room for days. I was too afraid. Janet stopped in sometimes to check on me, bringing blood with her. But I never drank it, the thought made me sick.

I ignored Liam’s calls and texts. They started to get more and more frequent, and I’m sure he was getting concerned.

About a week after the incident, Janet left to go get some more blood. It was the first time she left me alone in the house, and I think she was pretty reluctant to.

I had just started to fall back asleep when someone started shaking me gently.

“Janet, I told you, it’s fine. I’ll be fine alone for a bit.” I said, turning over and pulling the pillow over my head.

But then I noticed te smell. It didn’t smell like Janet. It smelled like…fresh blood. And not just any blood. Liam’s blood.

I pulled the pillow off my head and sat up. I turned my head and saw Liam watching me, concerned.

“Hey, El,” he said.

“Liam, hey,” I replied. “Sorry, I thought you were Janet.”

“Yeah, where are your parents? Do they work on Sundays?” He asked.

“Yeah, I almost never see them.” The smell of Liam was burning my throat; it was hard to talk.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he said sympathetically.

I just shook my head, not able to speak. It was getting unbearable; the burning, the hunger, the headache. All at once, and all horribly painful.

“So how are you feeling?” Liam asked me.

I felt the fangs growing, and knew not to open my mouth. I just tried to keep my cool and make a face that said “not well.”

He gave me a sad smile and went in for a hug.

My face was then resting on his shoulder right beside his neck.

I could hear the blood pumping through his body, especially strong in his throat. I felt my fangs with my tongue and then opened my mouth a bit, trying to get closer to his warm blood.

I was losing control. I hadn’t fed at all in a week, instincts were taking over.

The pain was awful…and I knew how to make it stop. If I just took a little bit, he would be okay. And I wouldn’t hurt any more. There was really no downside I could see at that point in time. But I think I knew in the back of my mind that this was just the demon in me talking.

But I couldn’t stop it. I sunk my fangs into Liam’s skin, and sucked the blood out.

“What--?” Liam started, but was too confused to speak. And it probably hurt a bit.

After a few minutes, I still hadn’t stopped. It tasted so good. I knew that I was probably taking too much but, I couldn’t stop. Liam groaned in pain.

When his form went limp, I grabbed him before he could fall and held him. I pulled my fangs out and then laid him on my bed.

Then I laid down next to him and fell asleep. The pain in my throat and head had stopped, but there was a new hurt somewhere in my chest.