Chapter Eight

Harry's POV:

As soon as she said those three words, I knew I had hit a nerve. Hell, I knew I hit a nerve when her beautiful tan face turned a ghostly white. I stood there taken aback. It felt like she had slapped me. I would rather be slapped hard across the face. That would've hurt less. Never in my life have I been told to 'go to hell'. Well technically I have by my friends, but it was always in a joking matter. The way Carter had said it to me cut me like a knife. I had no idea what I did wrong, I mean, most girls would be flattered to get a complement like that from me, but not Carter. She was confusing and different. I looked at her bright light blue eyes and I saw tears starting to form. To think that I was the one that caused them, massacred me. I wanted to punch myself over and over again. I felt like a complete arse. I stood there with my mouth open and looked at her as she turned her back towards me and ran off. I wanted to hold her in my arms and apologize to her, but I felt like if I were to run after her, it would only make things worse. So I slowly started to make my way towards the dining hall.

-

As soon as I walked into the dining hall, Niall jumped on my back and ruffled my hair. "Harry! Where have you been mate? Liam and I went to your dorm room and you weren't there!" I shrugged Niall off and sat on my seat at the end of the table.

"Yeah Harry, where have you been? Don't tell me you already found a girl for tonight!" Louis snickered and took a bite out of his burger. When I looked up to talk to Louis, I saw Carter walking with Natalie. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Her light brown hair was no longer in a messy bun. It flowed down her back and landed above her bum. She kept running her fingers through her hair and all I wanted to do was kiss that bare neck. Stop it Harry! What the hell is wrong with you? You've never been like this with other girls! They come crawling to you, not the other way around! I forgot I was staring at Carter, when I saw Natalie turn and look at me. Shit, I've been caught. I sunk down in my seat and raised my head enough to see if they were looking at me. Nope. Dammit.

"Earth to Harry? Hello?" Liam snapped his fingers in front of me. I looked up at them and saw them turn to see where I was looking at only moments ago. They all spotted Carter and Natalie and turned back to face me. Their facial expression looked like they spotted new meat. Someone they can pounce on. Like hell they would, they would have to fight me in order to even get a few words from her.

"Who's that girl next to Natalie? She is really fit!" I heard Zayn say from across the table. I bit down so hard, I felt my jaw pop.

"That's Carter Jarvis. She's Natalie and Leslie's new roommate. I think she said she came from Maine? I don't know but she is really stunning and sweet." I heard Noah's voice come up from behind me. He sat right next to me and took a drink from his Gatorade. My blood began to boil. Why the hell does Noah know more about Carter than me? My whole body began to tense up when he turned to look at her. That little shit better keep his eyes off of her.

"So she's in our grade?" Niall asked Noah. I glared at Niall but he didn't see. If he did he just ignored it.

"Yep. She's a transfer." Noah told Niall. Ha! I already knew that you dumbass!

"Is she coming to the party? She needs to, she is really ho-" I kicked Louis hard underneath the table. He yelped and glared at me. "I mean she's nice looking..."