The Pleasure of a President

* Contains Mature Content Alert*

~Harvey Dent POV~

The madness began with our teacher slowly backing away toward the door. Everyone in our biology class was preparing for Pamela to lose her temper when the results were not in her favor.

President Strange was announcing the winner of the election at this very moment. "and the next President of Gotham High is...Miss Pamela Isley!"

A soft, campaign like smile fell across Pamela's lips. "Really?" Her voice spoke softly, as if in total shocked. "I'm honored." I knew that voice to well, it was the false tone Pamela favored using. Something was not right. Harleen, who sat beside Pamela had wide and confused look on her face. I do not think anyone was expecting the results to turn out as they did. Murmurs and whispers fluttered the air behind me as Pamela stood up from her set to take a small bow. Harley remained happy for her friend, despite the shock as she hugged Pam.

As for myself I stayed silent, losing with what most would see as dignity. If I were to act rash now, people would question when I found the proof there was tampering with the results. "Nice job Pam." I smile, shaking her hand.

"Thanks Harvey."

The rest of class I spent trying to figure out how she pulled it off, who Pamela bribed. I know there was no way she could have really won. I mean not even Selena or Harley had voted for her. My penciled tapped against my desk in thought until the bell rung to switch classes. I followed her out into the hallway, lingering behind until Harley had parted. Once she was gone I pulled Pamela inside an empty classroom.

"How did you do it." I state firmly with a glare. Pamela was not going to get away with her tricks, not with me.

"Harvey, what can I say, the people adore me." Her voice still had that tone of hers, I hated it. She sounded so sweet and far from the deceptive bitch I knew was deep inside.

The anger went straight to my head, as I pinned her to the chalkboard wall in persistence. "Tell me!"

My eyes locked with hers, not letting her look away or use her gaze of temptation on me. "Oh Harvey." She laughed, which turned cold and cruel fast. We were alone, so Pamela did not have to keep up any act. Her seductive smile turned dark and her voice became threatening, "You can't prove anything."

"Want to bet?"

"Sure." She tempted, trying to push on my rage. Pamela appeared calm and in control, not something I liked. Her hands escaped my grasp to play with the tips of her hair, "You won't do anything though, not to hurt me. You still love me, everyone does."

"You're a delusional bitch!"

"Am I?" The look in her eyes had a taunting meaning to it, allowing me to understand exactly what she meant by those two words.

My harsh look faded as I backed away, she was not worth my time. "It's over Isley, admit you lost."

Her hand tapped the side of her chin as if pondering in thought. It was meant to be a mocking gesture, I assure. "At which game of ours?" Silence fell between us as her hand softly cupped the side of my face. "Harvey baby, you won't look into this."

"Oh yeah?" The harshness easily came back in my voice, not wanting to fall prey to her silly games. She was a vixen, a liar, I would not let her corrupt me so easily. "And why is that?" I challenge her statement directly.

"It would be bad for the both of us." Pamela stepped past me, her emerald eyes locked with mine, which gave off a threatening gaze. "We wouldn't want Rachel to find out what you've been up to the past week, would we?"