Crane's Clues

Bruce stayed quiet, making it quite easy for me to zone his figuring whodunit fantasy out. Why should I be scared of what a rich boy thought? It was not like Bruce could figure what I did on his own. He may be smart, but not that smart. Barbara Gordon stood by his side like a second in command. Her arms were crossed, watching as Alfred entered the room. Wow, she's really sucking up to Bruce. Selena must love that. I pause, shaking my head; Why did everyone care what happened to Pamela. Pamela fought with and manipulated everyone at Gotham High. I did not understand why everyone suddenly became concerned.

Speaking of those who appeared greatly concern, my eyes fell over Harleen. Harleen paces, watching Alfred pick up Pamela's limp body. I will admit to being shocked at Harleen's reaction. She of all people had the right to hate Pamela, the way the cheerleader constantly abused her. I guess her heart is too pure, loving. The blonde carefully helped ensure that Pamela was still breathing while Alfred lead her to the door. Her blue eyes sparkled more with the red rings around them. I felt a tinge of guilt, remembering how Harleen broke down a couple seconds earlier. I knew that stupid clown did not know what to do with her. He did not care about Harleen, or Harley, or whatever name he yelled at her. If Jack did care, he wouldn't have shoved her aside when her faces was in tears. Jack did not deserve Harleen.

A whistling wind took my attention away as the door of Galavant Manor opened for a second time. The chilling air froze us all, shivering until it shut. The old door shut with a boom, breaking the thick silence that coated the room. Now we are alone. No victim, no adults, just a room full of suspects. Guilty or innocent, no one felt safe enough to speak up. None of which except Bruce Wayne. He lurked around the room, gathering information. Nothing phased me as I knew Pamela would turn out fine. The gas would be out of her system in an hour or two. Long before they could get a decent chemical test on her. Hush whispers spread around the room, carrying the virus of gossip around. Everyone had there own theory to who did it. The confusion especially got to one girl who stood near the door. "I think Jack did it, whatever has happened to Pam, but I think Harvey has also something to do in here...dunno.." May muttered, giving a helpless sigh. Her friend Oliviaaa tilts her head, "but what about Selena... I bet it's like Selena cuz no ones expecting it." Her whisper became lower seeing Selena move closer to the two girls, both backed away. A confident student dressed in a rather unique halloween costume snuck up behind them, with their open opinion. Her animal costume was jamming, "I think Johnny has SOMETHIN ta do with this.." I pause, listening in as this girl caught my attention just so. I hear her laugh, allowing me to relax as she continued on. "maybe a little o Harvey......MAYBE, just MAYBE Harvey was with her and somethin happened.. ooooo... maybe it was Harvey bad side...? Idk.. But that's all meh guesses.." The girls named too many of us, they could not possibly know it was me.

Like the animal costume teen, many had predictions that each and every student here was guilty. Besides the one teen, no one even came close to mentioning me. For once my invisibility amongst crowds, especially fellow students, became useful. I feel safe, not being a suspect to anyone...that is almost anyone.

Listening intently beside Bruce stood the one person who may know of my sins. His green eyes glance up at me, becoming focused. The glasses aid in the guilt as the eyes behind them stare at myself with intent, What have you done? They called out, incriminating me. I pretend not to notice, keeping my focus on someone else. A tap on my shoulder alerts me to his presence, now standing beside me. "Riddle me this Jon, What substance is incredible sticky, yet you use it to clean?" I pause, tilting my head with confusion. Ed rolls his eyes, having no patience for me at this time. "Water." He says firmly, as if ordering me to follow along to get a drink.

"You need to tell me what you've done now." He said, voice wavering with a little panic. I knew why he had reason for concern. He helped clean up my mess after my experiment went wrong, he stood by me. Along with that I was pretty sure he had a crush on the plant. His eyes lit up every now and then when she said something smart in biology. Her voice in that class always surprised Ed, for maybe that was a subject she was secretly better in. Nashton has always been better with technology after all.