Brains and Brawn

~Pamela's POV~

Harvey leaving in a fit of anger was one of the highlights of my day, next to being President that is. Only a handful of students actually congratulated me on the achievement. Should I be insulted? I have not made up my mine yet. Selena appeared to skip the rest of the school day to avoid talking to me. Of course I knew the true reason she slipped out was because her traitor attitude had to be embarrassed, serves her right. Other students like Barbara and Rachel were too polite to say anything directly to my face. I personally found it amusing to watch the little nerds attempted to ignore me by turning down other hallways quickly. How petty, a direct resentment of my beauty and achievements. The only students who openly voiced their opinions were the football players but I continued to walk on. Harley was the only one actually civil in the lunch room. She pretended like nothing had happened, staying cheerful and as talkative as ever. Every class I entered was quiet, besides a few stray whispers. Each dying down quieter from the moment I entered the classroom. I knew what they were saying, all spreading rumors about how I obtained my Presidency. All day I kept my chin up, and my focus elsewhere because I did not wish to hear the rumors.

I get it, I get it. Everyone wants to know how I won the election, but the votes were valid in their count. What? Do you think Nygma is the only one with brains in Gotham? Wow, just because a girl is beautiful doesn't mean she's a fool. I just know how to play the game all too well. I am not afraid to take initiative to get what I want and looking back on last week, that's exactly what I did. All hoped seemed loss for me becoming President in the days leading up until the voting. Harvey was favored by my classmates, and by a lot too. My only saving grace was with the commotion at the Science Fair. Surely one could say it was a tragic pleasure for my campaign. I mean the crime effected me so deeply, considering it was my best friend being tortured by the horrible monster Jonathan had become. Ha, it took me less then an hour to get the cops on Johnny's case, and the school board. They were all calling for his arrest and expulsion. Of course Edward, sweet boy he is could not let his friend be viewed in the "harsh" manner the spotlight put on him. Little note, males always pretend to be smarter then they really are. Edward is no exception. All you've got to do is be a little flirty with him, act interested and he'll be willing to make a deal with you. The night of the sleepover I did just that. We made a deal. He needed help with bringing Johnny back in good graces with the school and police force and I, well I needed an election. I am smart, but Edward is scary good with a iphone. His hacking skills are far more superior to mine, which is why I needed him. I was destined to be president, not only was I pretty, popular but Dent was not what everyone thought he was. He was the crazy one, not me. The boy could never make up his mind about anything. I saved the school from his awful presidency and horrible pollo shirts by rigging it. Ed's help wasn't enough thou. No matter what happened, I was for sure if Dr.Strange announced my candidacy then Harvey would question it. He would get Bruce, Barbara, even Selena to look into it. Please, I needed someone on that team I could trust to keep the Detective wantabee's of my case. Harley once again blessed me with her foolish misfortune. My friend sent it, the perfect excuse because it was true. Harvey lost the presidency the moment he texted me back. I knew then I had him, even if I didn't get any perks after that. Supposively, Harvey loves Rachel so much, let's see him fight for it. Did you know the best hackers can turn on a camera at any time? Oh yes, Ed could do just that. All I had to do was slip a single text of 'Now' to him without Dent catching and he activated it.
Well there you have it, President Isley and boy, do I have big plans for Gotham High.