Glasses and 'Jack' asses

♠♡♣ Harleen's POV♥♤♦

By the time I woke up on Thursday school was about over. I groan, rolling off the couch to hit wood floor. Owe, since when did we have hardwood floors-oh yeah, right. I remember last night's events, along with the fact I was not home yet. In a chair beside me I see a sound asleep Jonathan, out cold. His hair all ruffled from being on the couch all night. I smile, giving him a small kiss on the check, as a thank you for his kind gesture. I laid the blanket back down on him before searching for my shoes.

It was too late to go to school, but the thought of my warm bed back home sounded amazing.

On my way out, I turn, looking at Jonathan. He was such a good friend, I must find some way to repay him. I give a small nod, slowly closing the door.

Last night was amazing as we talked throughout the night about our past, our inspirations, shocking enough we have a lot in common including, both aspiring to get a doctorate, pretty shitty dads, and lastly the need for glasses.

Wait!I know what I would do! I know exactly what I will do to repay Johnny! Ed always said that Johnny needed a girlfriend, so I will find him a date for Homecoming. That way at least one of us is going to the dance. I smile, excited with this new idea. Who could I find for Johnny? Most people had already coupled up. Bruce asked Selena, Harvey and Rachel were already a thing. Nora and Victor were adorable. Ed hopefully choked out the nerve to ask Barbara, and Pamela insists she has the perfect boy coming from a private school nearby.

There had to be someone! I needed a girl smart, kind, and interesting, who would understand Johnny.

What about Selena's friend? Briget! She's usually quiet, to herself, but she seems kind. I wonder if she has a date? I should text Selena.

Now where is my phone? I pause, searching around for the small device. I never recognized my new phone. After Jack broke my phone I ended up getting an older flip phone, it was impossible to find because how small it was.

♠♡♣♢♥♤♦♧

The night of the big game! Gotham High Versus some Small Team? Something like that! I never paid much focus to football. The school was pulsing with excitement as both Homecoming and tonight approached. Red and I decided the best way we can show our Gotham Pride was to wear our cheerleading uniforms all day. Did I mind? No, they were so adorable. The uniform was a combo of gold and black with a pleated skirt.

"See you later Charles" Pamela waved goodbye as I went into my favorite class.

As I walked into creative writing I notice a small red box on my desk. A post it note on top of the box read For Harleen. I look around, curious to what was in the box. I sit down beside Jonathan, this was his handwriting " What is this?" I ask, really eager to peak.

"Just look inside." Jonathan says, trying to hide his smile.

I open the box to see a pair of bright red glasses. They were so cute with little black hearts on the sides. I pause, looking down at them then back at Jonathan. The gift was sweet, but I was not sure if I was ready for them yet. How did he get these?

My eyes look up to meet his blue ones, we were in the back of the room. Who would notice? I slip them on to see the writing prompt clearly on the board.

Give your definition and reasoning behind what you feel the circle is a symbol of?

"You look amazing" Jonathan said quietly, making me blush as I sat beside him.

"Thank you Johnny." The class started, and no one said a word. Everyone treated me the same, making my nerves about the once silly spectacles go away. Class was so different when you could understand things write away. I even found out my teacher's name was Professor Milo, not Professor Milk. Whoops, no wonder she put question marks on my reports.