Whodunit?

The manor became darker and spookier as the night went on, approaching closer and closer to midnight. Music, which once held the fun halloween vibe, slowly went into a more suspenseful whistle around the abandoned home. Every student gathered in the main ballroom as the clock was about to approach Midnight. Excitement and giggles raced throughout the crowd as they waited. A rumor spread around that something special would appear at Midnight in the abandoned ballroom. What could it be? Many hoped to see a ghost, even if no one said it aloud. A few seconds passed, and there was nothing new to report. A chiming ring came from the grand clock as it struck midnight. The bell echoed throughout the room, catching everyone's attention. By the second bell a couple kids laughed, thinking the myth had been an old wise tale. The manor could not possibly be haunted. On the third ring of midnight, a booming thunder rattled the house. The lightning, which followed, brought on a power surge as everything went back.

A couple shrieks and giggles rang out. Jack's laugh the loudest, before everything went dead silent. The lights never came back on, meaning no one could see a thing. Bruce noticed the lights did not flicker before shutting off. He felt the blackout  was not the work of the storm. His eyes squinted, trying to find Barbara. He predicted the worse, especially feeling Selena no longer by his side. Her arm had disappeared from being wrapped around him. The music did not help the situation, going soft. A key change to high pitched organ music, floating around the room. 

A soft gust of wind picked up, feeling cold as if someone opened the door of the ballroom. A loud crash came over from the snack table, making Nora scream. She clung to the Victor in fear of what was happening.

Little did they know the noise was the least of the everyone's worries because it was Harleen. The second crack of thunder had caused the young blonde to become startled, making her jump. Her hope was her boyfriend would catch her, as she lept forward to jack's hands. In the dark she could not see that he had left. Harleen crashed into the snack table, landing on all the vanilla pudding cups. Where did he go? She wondered,trying her best to squint. Harley could hardly see everyone in the light, the darkness made it impossible. Harley choose not to move anymore as she felt sticky and gross.

A few moments later the lights snapped back on, blinding everyone for the first few seconds. Groans from the startling brightness erupted around the room.Jack started to laugh uncontrollable at his girlfriend covered in pudding. "Hey sweets, looking yummy." He took a lick of the pudding, messing with her. He appeared to be in a much better mood, than before.

Harley giggled with a smile, no longer upset he did not catch her. He must have really liked her in pudding, because Harley noticed how fast his heart was beating when she hugged him. "Ya know the saying....puddin for my--uh?" She paused trying to think of a word that rhymes with pudding. Coming up without one, and trying to not look foolish she smiled. "Puddin." She kissed his cheek. While Harley shared her moment with Jack, another couple seemed to have trouble.

From the moment the lights came back on Bruce's focus was on Selena. He immediately started to look for her, his eyes scanning the ballroom intensely.

"Looking for something?" Selena purred, right next to him. Her hand gently placed itself on his shoulder. Selena tilted her head in a manner so her brown hair moved out of her face.

Bruce paused, before looking at her smirk. He knew that grin, which made Selena appeared to be the cat that ate the canary. Selena had done something. His voice went to a lower tone, lightly taking her hand off his shoulder. "Where did you go?"

"No where." Selena said, dropping her smile. Her demeanor changed to act like he was being paranoid. Bruce did not care. He felt like she was lying to him. "Come on, Bruce." Her voice tenderly spoke to him, "Relax a little, there was nowhere to go."