Last Day of Summer Before Senior Year

Cassandra's POV

Now that I'm in front of Alex's door, I'm freaking out. Maybe this was a bad idea after all.

Why am I freaking out you might ask? Well, I decided to take my friend Sophia's advice and just tell Alex how I feel about him.  So here I am standing in front of my best friend Alex's door, trying to build up the courage to ring the doorbell. 

Let me tell you a little about myself. As you've figured out, my name is Cassandra Williams. Six years ago, my soon-to be best friend Alexander Roberts moved in to the house next door to me.

Flashback 

Once my mom found out we had new neighbors, she quickly baked a batch of brownies and shoved them into my chest to give to the new neighbors. I knocked on their door, patiently waiting for them to be open up the door. Immediately, the door sprang open. A woman with light brown hair and turquoise blue eyes greeted me with a smile.

"Hi. My name's Cassandra and I live next door and my family wanted to welcome you and your family to the neighborhood", I said as I carefully passed the plate of brownies to her.

"Thank you so much! My name is Cynthia and my husband and my son are around trying to move in the boxes from our car. They should be here any minu-"

BANG

"Alex, Steve! Put down those boxes and come meet our new neighbor!" Cynthia said. 

"Cassandra, this is my son Alex and my husband Steve. Guys, meet our new next door neighbor Cassandra"

A boy with jet black hair and turquoise blue eyes greeted me.

"Hi! My name's Alex. It's nice to meet you Cassandra. Can I call you, Cassie?" Alex asked

"Sure! So, will you be attending North Lake Middle School too?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, I am actually." Alex replied

"Cool, so i'll see you tomorrow then, right?" I replied

"Yep!" Alex said

"Awesome! Well I better get back to my house now, I still have some homework to finish. But i'll see you tomorrow Alex." I replied while walking back to my house.

End of Flashback

After that day, we became quick friends. Whenever I needed to talk or he needed to, we were always there for each other no matter what. Initially, I had a small crush on him. However by time we entered 9th grade, my feelings began to change. As I began to learn more about him and get closer, I began to saw him as more than just my best friend and my crush. I began to fall hard for him. Despite my friend Sophia's attempts to get me to tell him about how I felt about him, I've been unsuccessful. I chose to just try and suppress my feelings. I didn't want to ruin my friendship with him and I knew he wouldn't like me back like that. I didn't look like the girls that he dated. I had long, dark brown wavy hair with green eyes. The girls he dated had similar appearances. Tall, skinny with long blond hair and blue eyes. Not to mention, that ALL of them do sports, are popular and beautiful. I can't compete with that. So throughout high school as Alex began to date and had a couple of girlfriends, I acted like it didn't bother me. However, I decided that I want things to be different this year. So here I am, on the last day of summer before our senior year, about to confess my feelings to my best friend. Not to mention, Alex is currently single for the first time in 5 months, so I thought to go ahead and give it a chance. Besides, this might be my last chance to tell him how I truly feel about him. 

I knocked on his front door.

The door opened and Alex in a blue t-shirt with black shorts greeted me with a grin.

"Hey! What's up? How has your summer been, it feels like I haven't seen you in ages. Come in." Alex asked me. 

"Oh, nothing much. My summer was fine. Just spent it working on college applications, watching Netflix and reading and such" I responded.

"Haha, typical Cassie. Always studious" Alex replied with a smirk on his face

"Anyways, it was a good thing you came over. I wanted to ask you something...." Alex said.

"Oh, okay. Well I wanted to talk to you about something too, so..." I replied.

"Okay, you can start first"

"No Alex, you can go first" I replied with a small smile. 

"Okay, here goes......." 

Well, that's the first chapter! I hope you guys liked it and leave comments below telling me what you think so far or if you have any suggestions or anything :)