Mysterious Visitor

Alex's POV

I was wondering who the person at the door was and was silently cursing them for interrupting the almost kiss between Cassie and me.

We all were staring at the door and I was staring at Cassie.

She seemed to recognize the teenage guy at the door, though.

She pulled him in for a tight hug, and I instantly felt jealous.

Who was this guy and why was he so important that Cassie hugged him as if she hasn't seen him in years?

Cassie's POV

After I pulled Jason away from my hug, my parents recognized him as well and ran over to hug him as well.

I could feel everyone watching me, so I turned around to introduce everyone to Jason.

"Everyone, this is Jason Hall. He was my childhood friend until he moved to California six years ago, but he moved back next door and he's going to be attending our high school!", I explained to everyone.

I already told the girls about Jason years ago, but they never met him in person until now.

The girls introduced themselves and did their best to make him feel comfortable around us. I could tell the guys were more hesitant and reserved about him, but Alex pulled a smile and introduced himself.

"Hey, I'm Alex. It's nice to meet you, Jason", Alex told Jason.

"It's nice to meet you too, man", Jason replied with a handshake and a smile.

After this interaction, the rest of the guys introduced themselves and everyone began talking to Jason in order to get to know him better.

"So, Jason, why did you move?", Liam asked him.

"My dad's a college professor, so we move around sometimes. We moved to California and he taught at UCLA for the past couple of years, but then he was moved back here. So, we're back, I guess", he joked.

"Lucky, it's warmer there than here. Have fun dealing with the rest of snow that's bound to hit here", Sophia added.

"Yeah, Boston has been getting hit with a lot of snow the past couple of years, so make sure you gear up," Aaron mentioned.

"I'm sure he will be fine guys, he said he lived here before so I'm sure he's used to the weather", Alex said.

"Yeah, definitely", Jason replied.

"So, do you play any sports?", Jax asked him.

"Different sports, but I like football the most", Jason answered.

"Hey, you should definitely try out. Maybe you will make the team if you're good that is", Liam teased.

"Guess we will find out at tryouts then", Jason said.

"Make sure you suck up to Alex then, he is the team captain", Aaron noted.

"Ha ha, no kissing up, please. I can't stand kiss ups", Alex acknowledged.

"Bummer, there goes my idea", Jason said while snapping his fingers.

"Anyways, I think I'm going to try out for the team, in all seriousness, though" Jason added.

"Well, good luck!" was shouted by the rest of the gang.

Alex's POV

When everyone left the party, Cassie pulled me to the side.

"Don't go too hard on Jason, okay Alex? He's new here again and making the football team can help him get more friends too. So, please don't go to extreme lengths when he goes for tryouts", Cassie pleaded with me.