New Year's Eve Part 2

Cassie's POV

I opened Alex's gift to find a sparkling gold locket necklace. However it wasn't your usual locket, it was in the shape of a book.

"It's beautiful, Alex", I whispered while being mesmerized by the locket.

"Read the inside and back of it," Alex instructed me.

Inside of the locket, it said "Cassie, no matter what happens, I'll always be there for you. Never forget that".

I began to feel the tears well up in my eyes and my eyesight began to blur. Nonetheless, I turned the locket around so I could read what was on the back.

On the back, Alex had engraved, "Cassie and Alex, forever and always."

"Alex...", I started as I felt my throat close up. There was so much I wanted to say at the moment, but I couldn't seem to get it out.

"I know it's pretty cheesy, but I mean it. I'll always be there for you whether you like it or not", Alex joked.

I still couldn't say anything just yet, so I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a tight hug.

"Thank you, so much Alex!!!!!. I love it. Could you help me put it on?", I asked him.

"Y-yeah, sure", he replied.

I passed the locket to him and turned my back to him so he could put it on me.

As he fastened the locket around my neck, I could feel his warm breath on my neck and his hands lightly ran on my shoulder.

At that movement, my heart was pounding so hard that I was scared that Alex could hear it.

He turned around to face me and I looked up at his face to see his expression.

He began to lean in order to close the distance between us, and both of us looked at each other. It felt as though there was a rubber band around us, pulling us closer to the other. All I could do was stare at his ocean blue eyes and completely get lost in them. While I did this, Alex kept glancing back and forth between my eyes and my mouth, silently asking me for permission to kiss him.

He closed his eyes as I did the same.

"Wait, Alex, we still need to talk about-", I started.

"Seriously, Cass. You have the worst timing sometimes,", Alex joked.

"You and Tiffany-", I began once again.

"Alex, Cassie, come down, please! Everyone is here, so the party can get started", Cynthia called us.

"Coming, Mom!", Alex shouted back at her.

"We'll finish this later?", Alex asked me.

I nodded my head back in response.

He grabbed my hand, pulled me off of his bed and we left his bedroom for the party.

The Party

Once we finished eating our appetizers, we began saying hello to members of Alex's family who arrived at the party. Alex's grandmother, Nancy, spotted me and walked over to me with a smile on her face.

I met Nancy a few months after Alex moved into the neighborhood. From the minute we met, we instantly got along really well and she would always bring me a gift and bake cookies for me whenever she came to visit.

"Hello, sweetheart", Nancy greeted me.

"Hi, Nancy. How are you doing?", I asked her with a smile as I hugged her.