Back to School

Cassie's POV

After the trip was over, school, unfortunately, started again. Alex and I didn't know what to say, so we began avoiding each other at all costs.

When the gang officially got sick of us avoiding each other, the guys grabbed Alex and pulled him away while the girls did the same with me.

"Cassie! Why haven't you and Alex talked yet? This is ridiculous", Lily asked me.

"We just don't know what to say, it's been so awkward between us", I tried to explain to them.

"Well, hate to break it to you sweetie, but you guys can't avoid each forever", Meg added.

"I know", I mumbled as I put my head in my hands.

"Don't worry, Cassie. Everything will be fine, I'm sure. Take it from experience, but it's best to talk things out and get in the open instead of just avoiding each other", Sophia explained to me.

"Why don't you just corner him and talk?", Lily suggested.

"Yeah, I thought Sophia and Liam were oblivious, but you and Alex just topped my list", Meg muttered.

"Ow! I was just saying the truth", Meg shouted as she rubbed the shoulder that Sophia smacked.

"Well, the truth hurts sometimes, Meg", Lily teased.

"You're one to talk, Lil. Have you talked to Aaron about your feelings yet?", Meg asked Lily.

"No", she whispered.

"That's what I thought, Lil", Meg replied as she smirked.

"Okay, I'm going to your advice. Thanks, girls!", I thanked them as I ran off.

The End of the Day

Just as I was about to confront Alex, I chickened out and ran away. I was scared of what would happen after I explained everything to Alex. What if he's changed his mind since vacation? Two weeks is a long time to think things over and change your mind. Maybe he didn't even like me the same way I did. Then, what? I would be rejected and would feel like a fool and would still be left with the feelings I have for Alex. Maybe it's just better we don't talk about this, after all, our friendship could be completely ruined after this! Yeah, we could just forget about talking about this.

Little did I know that that would be not an option.........