C h a p t e r 1 3

Celine
My past few days have been crazy and now having two bombs dropped on me in one day have just been enough. I told Sarah the news about what Matt told me and she decided to come along, I was pretty nervous to get down here and Chris did some crazy shit.

I reached to the police station and I spotted Matt out.
" Hey, where is he?"
" He is in the waiting cell."
" Did they ever tell you anything?" He shook his head no, so I decided to walk up to the front desk and ask.
" May I see the charges of Christopher Maurice Brown?"
" And who are you to him?" The police officer asked nonchalant.
" I'm um.. his girlfriend." I said in full confident.
" Hey, where is Theresa?" The police officer asked another police officer in my mind, I kept thinking that name sound familiar but it never came to me. I guess the lady name, Theresa, came and she started looking down at some files in her hand.
" Yes Patricia." She said nonchalant, I swear the people here have no emotion in their voice.

Theresa bent down and her eyes was widened when she looked over at the computer screen.
" So, am I going to find out what he in for or not?" Theresa ran in the back, so I was once there standing up at the front desk until Matt called me over.

" Have they said anything about him yet?"
" No, they are being assholes and not telling me anything." I rolled my eyes and took a seat.

" Hey, who is here for Christopher?" The police officer asked.
" I mean all of us is here for him."
" Aren't you the girlfriend?" I nod my head yes.
" Okay, well Detective Theresa want a word with you." I was so confused on why the detective would want a word with me, but I brushed it off and just went in the back.

First, I knocked on the door then I walked in and Theresa was sitting at the table as if she was thinking about something.
" Hey." I said as I sat down.
" Oh hey, so you may not know but I'm Christopher mom and this is Christopher dad.." She said as a police officer was coming into the room.
" Hey, how you doing?" I quickly said and he answered by saying he is fine, I nod my head and turned my attention back to Chris mom.
" Look Celine-" I cut her off.
" How you know my name?"
" I do work under law enforcement and I tend to have looked over your incident report."
" Oh." I said while looking down.
" I'm sorry to bring that up, but be honest with us. Did Chris ever act strange or either be real secretive?"
" I mean I give him his space, but acting weird.. no, what are you trying to imply here?" I said sitting up in the chair.
" My son have been charged with having drugs on him."
" Okay, he have a drug charge and you think I would be his little " trap queen " or something? No, I don't even dream of being in lifestyles like that.. Matter of a fact, that whole lifestyle is not what I dig and will not ever dig. When you see " your son " tell him I don't want to speak to him and I mean that."
" But Celine, we wasn't trying to say you was involved. I was just trying to see because this is ridiculous, I been told Chris to stop hanging around them boys."
" What boys?" I turned around and sat down.
" Some big drug lord named Rick."
" I keep hearing his name, but wait.. Chris was involved.." I started to hold my hands up to my mouth.
" He was involved in my rape incident."
" No, I doubt that Chris would never." She started to reach her hand out to me.
" Don't touch me, I never want to see your son again and I mean that." I left out the room and tears instantly started falling.

Matt and Sarah instantly stood up looking at me confused.
" Omg, Celine what the fuck did that bitch ass detective say to you?" I shook my head letting them knowing I didn't want to talk about it.
" Tell us." Matt said.
" No okay." I walked away from them and Sarah walked with me to the car.

When I reached my house, Matt had to go back to work with my dad so Sarah just came back to the house with me and I eventually told her what happened.
" Oh no, Chris would not ever?"
" I mean I know he wouldn't, but think about I'm just now finding out this dude is selling drugs and his parents a part of law enforcement. At this moment, I don't even know anymore if he don't care about getting caught and going to jail. Do you actually think he care about me and my feelings honestly?"
" Celine.."
" No honestly think about that." I walked in my room left there to think things over.