C h a p t e r 1 6

One year later..
Christopher
Today is the day, I get off probation. Man, I'm so happy it doesn't make any sense because I'm ready to move away from Virginia and ready to go to California, where all the honey's at and also so I can start my singing career.
" Hey, so Christopher. What are you planning to do for your probation since you are getting off?"
" Flying to Cali for this fly ass party."
" Or how about you stay here in Virginia and stay out of trouble."
" Mom, I was never in trouble. I just decided to hang with bad peop.. nevermind, but where dad he suppose to be taking me to the place."
" He just texted me saying he is on the way, but what happened between you and Celine?"
" Mom, I don't even know but I think that's dad outside. See you later, love you." I pecked her cheek.

2 hours later..
" Okay, Mr.Brown how does it feel to be off probation?" My dad asked.
" The same before I was even on." We started laughing.
" Hey son, I know it been a year since everything happened."
" Yep."
" But um have you spoke with Celine?"
" No dad, I have not spoken with Celine. I swear everything happened fast, she changed her number and moved right out of Virginia. I don't even know where she moved to and the thing about Matt started doing his own thing, so I guess I'm stuck here."
" I thought you was leaving to go to Cali?"
" I am, but let me get the going so I won't miss my flight. I'm gone miss you dad." I dapped him up.
" Hey, I'm gone miss you too son just don't be on that bullshit when you get there and remember where you came from." I nod my head at him and walked in the house.

Instantly, I went in my room and started packing. My mom stood in my doorway for a couple of seconds until I said something.
" Wassup with you?"
" Christopher, you are actually leaving me." She said starting to tear up.
" Mom, I told you I'm just experiencing Cali for a lil while. I mean it's summer, I'm not trying to stay in the VA for three months."
" So, what if you like California, you're going to stay?"
" It all depends hey, I doubt it." I lied.
" What about that little girlfriend of yours?"
" Celine?" I asked while putting clothes in my suitcase.
" Um.. no Samantha." My mom said with her arms crossed.
" Oh.. her, sorry mom I just have a lot on my mind right now so can you leave me to just packing."
" Okay." My mom said trying to figure something out then walked out my room.

I called up my homeboy, Mijo, he is my cousin and he know about me and Celine situation. Crazy part about everything Celine was even close with Mijo and even left him hanging but I think everybody still care for Celine just feeling some type of way about her.

" Aye, where you at?" I asked him as I zipped up my bag.
" I'm like two blocks away from yo house so come on out." He said then hung up.

I started to walk downstairs with my bags and my mom was standing there in the kitchen looking through a magazine while she sip on her wine.
" Hey ma, I'm about to go." She looked up at me.
" Aw, give me a hug baby and be safe.. Oh yeah and I meant to tell you, which is probably news to your ears.." My mom talked excessively too much when she drink.
" Can you get to the point, I think Mijo just pulled up." Then I start walking to the door.
" Celine is in California." She yelled and I looked back at my mom and told her goodbye, even though I knew what she said.

I got in the car and that boy was already bunking to some good ass trap music.
" Wassup man?" Mijo dapped me up.
" Wassup, aye you ain't gone believe what ma dukes just told me." I started rubbing my hands through my head.
" Damn, what the hell she done told you?" He started turning down his music.
" Celine stay in Cali."
" What the hell? Are you serious man? At least, you have a shot rekindling y'all love."
" Ya think so?"
" Only one thing.." Mijo said and he started counting down then when he hit one Samantha, my girlfriend, called my phone.
" How you.." I looked up at him.
" Magic." He said while laughing, so I answered the phone.