What happened last night?

Dan's POV

I slowly open my eyes, trying to understand that I was very hungover. I place my palm to the side of my head, in pain from the booming headache trying to stab its way out of my skull.

I look down at the covers, squinting due to the light. They're not my covers... I'm in Phil's bed.

Visions and memories of last night come flooding back through my head, wiping away all wonder and confused thoughts. I pull the covers away from my body, realising that, apart from shoes, I am fully dressed.

"Dan?" Phil says, walking in with a stack of pancakes and handing me them. I sit up, giving him a little smile. "We need to talk." Phil tells me as I lift a bit of pancake to my mouth. I put the fork down and look at him. I know what's coming.

"Do you remember anything of last night?" He asks me, looking deeply into my eyes. I think for a moment, then shake my head. I hear Phil release a little sigh of relief, before speaking again. "Okay. Never mind then." He starts to get up, before I grab his arm.

"Dan!" Phil exclaims, giggling sweetly a little bit. I look him in the eye, asking another question - one that I already know the answer to. "What happened last night?"

Phil looks at me in the eyes, his face falling with regret and doubt. He knows he should tell me, but I can tell he doesn't want to. He hates me, I know he does. I look straight into his eyes, trying to make him tell me, even though I already know.

He sighs, breaking his eye contact, then sitting down next to me on the bed. I place my pancakes to the side before looking at him. He looks down at his hands, seemingly scared to talk.

"You... You said something..." He started, obviously not wanting to carry on. I can see how much this is stressing him, so I decide to let him off the hook. For now. "It's okay." I tell him, looking to find his hair. His eyes meet my gaze, and he gives me a faint smile.

What I didn't expect, was the kiss he left on my lips. It wasn't long; just a peck really, but it was worth it. He left it on my lips, then pulled away and walked out of the room, leaving me with my eyes closed and a grin on my face. When he left the room, I flopped backwards onto the bed, smiles and grins inside. That was literally the most fabulous moment of my life so far.