The Weekend

Dan's POV

For the next week, Phil and I had been planning for the weekend ahead. We bought about three times as much food as we usually did, and we spent most of our days making sure the house was spotless. I'm a neat freak anyway, but Richie was an old friend, and I wanted to make sure everything was perfect for his arrival.
Phil was doing the best he could to help me, even though he didn't even know Richie - he's so sweet.

It is now the middle of the day - Friday! The day Richie is coming. Phil and I are on the couch again, his head resting in my chest, my head resting on his. This is normally how we like to cuddle, as we have now done it often enough. However, Phil seems to want to change that today...

He spins around on the spot a bit - almost that he is lying next to me. As it is a small couch, we are quite crammed, but we wrap our arms around each other, and I make sure he doesn't fall off the end. My eyes are closed as Phil's head gradually comes closer and closer to mine.

All of a sudden, I feel a hand grab the back of my head and drag it forwards. My eyes open wide in shock, but I gradually close them again, letting my lips smash against his.

We kiss and kiss, sending electrical currents racing from my lips to my core. I love it - it's passionate, and the body heat we exchange makes me tingle.

After at least a minute of passionate kissing, we slowly draw back, our eyes still closed, our lips still semi open. I smile to myself. That's the best kiss we've had yet! Our first proper kiss! It felt magical.

We are sat hugging on the couch for the rest of the day by that point - well, up until the moment the door bell rang to signal the arrival of Richie!

I jump up and scramble over Phil, trying not to make him or me fall off the end of the couch. Phil laughs at this, and I give him a little grin before walking out of the lounge door.

I open the door in a rush and hug my old friend. "Richie! Oh my! It's been so long!" I shout, drawing back from the hug.

Phil's POV

I walk out of the lounge to see Dan hugging Richie. I know it's just as friends, but I can't help feeling a little bit jealous. I give a forced smile to Richie, as he exchanges a confused smile towards me.

"Hello, I'm Richie." He says, taking my hand and shaking it. I smile back at him, and simply say my name. "Nice to meet you, Phil." Richie replies, drawing his hand away. Dan nods and comes closer to me, grabbing my hand and interlocking our fingers. "My boyfriend."

Boyfriend. The word reassures me as it replays in my mind. Our hands are now lifted high up in the air, so that Richie can see.

Richie nods and smiles. "Boyfriend? Congratulations man!" He says, patting Dan on the back. He then turns to me. "You're a lucky man, Phil. Dan is something quite special." He says, giving a little laugh.

At this, I don't know whether to blush and say thank you, or scream "OI! BACK OFF!" In his face. I ultimately go for the more polite option, and say thank you to him.