Chapter 20 - Cakestagram

Sunday, December 1 - Morning

As promised, Harry came by the apartment to teach me how to cook while Tom and Chris were out running arons with the dog. It was about eleven thirty when Harry arrived, and I was quite surprised, actually, when I saw that Niall had come along, too. His hands were jutted in his pockets as he trailed behind Harry when they'd first arrived. His eyes were instantly drawn to Allie, but then were diverted to me. I mirrored the smile he directed at me.

"Let's do this!" Harry exclaimed. "First -- you get out what you need." Harry gripped the handle of the refrigerator and opened the door.

"First--" Allie pressed the fridge door closed with her body so that she was within Harry's wake. She fiddled with the edge of his unbuttoned plaid shirt before stepping toward the sink. "-- you wash your hands."

Harry enveloped Allie so that as she washed her hands, she was trapped between his arms as they both cleansed their hands beneath the faucet. Splashing water in Allie's face, she flinched and attempted to retaliate but Harry's firm grip on her prevented her from doing so.

Harry peered at me from over his shoulder. "And then you dry!" His fingers quarried her stomach and she squirmed in his grasp. Her body thrashed left and right.

"No! Not -- not like this! You are a -- terrible -- HA! HA! - teacher! Stop!"

Niall grunted. When I turned to observe the state of his frustration, I found that he was sitting at the kitchen table with his phone in his hand. I wondered why he'd decided to come along -- or how Harry had convinced him to come.

I took a seat across from him and leaned my elbows on the table, whispered, "Are you glad you came along, or what?"

Niall glanced from his phone to me and grinned. "Oh, yeah. "

"Did Harry drag you here?"

"Pretty much--"

"Hey, Holly, you coming?" Allie called, opening the pantry. She pulled out some sesame oil.

"Shh, let them . . .." Harry murmured.

"Oh!" Allie pressed her hand to her mouth.

I fixed my eyes anywhere but Niall, fearing his reaction to Harry and Allie's little scheme. Instead, I joined Allie at the pantry but quickly remembered to was my hands first.

"What are we making today, Chef Watson?" Harry wondered.

"We are going to teach Holly how to make stir fry!" She reached for a large bowl on the top shelf of the cabinet, but even standing on the tips of her toes, her height was not sufficient.

Harry rushed to her rescue and placed his hands on her waist. "One, two, three!"

Whoo!" With Harry's aid, Allie leaped an addition few inches which made her capable of reaching the bowl we needed.

Harry returned the ballerina to the ground. "Wonderful! Let's get out the ingredients, shall we?" I followed Harry to the fridge where he explained the vegetables we'd be needing. "Allie, do you remember when we made a cake at your house?"

"Yep!"

Harry nudged my arm with his hand. "You know what I did?  A Rihanna song had come on the radio, and . . . I told her that I fancied Rihanna and she told me she fancied Zac Efron, but when she went outside to get her phone, I wrote, 'Allie fancies Harry' on our cake." He smirked triumphantly. "I took a picture of it."

"Cute," I grinned. 

"Harry, ya should post it on instagram," Niall suggested. He stared at Harry casually enough so that I could not distinguish whether or not he was trying to jab Harry with sarcasm.