Chapter 14: Crowned and Back on the Train

"You look beautiful, Ms. Kentwell." President Snow said to me placing the golden victor's crown on my head. 

"Thank you." I said smiling. 

"I'll miss seeing your beautiful face here in the Capitol. We might just have to invite you back next year," he said. 

"I'd be honored to come back to such an amazing place." I say. 

"Your district must be very proud of you." he said with a smile. President Snow walks away and leaves me to wave at the crowd giving them a view of my new golden crown. 

When I get back on the train, I'm still wearing my gold dress. I took off the heels and crown because they were uncomfortable. 

It's not as long of a train ride to District 2 because we don't have all of the other tributes to pick up. I wasn't sleeping overnight this time because we'd be there this evening. 

"We're all very proud of you, Clove." Holt said walking up behind me with Silver as I stood by the window watching the world fly by. 

"I know." I said. I was tired of hearing that people were proud of me. I'm sure I'll hear more of it when I get back to District 2 but for now, I don't need to hear it. 

Honestly, I'm just ready to be back home in District 2. That's all I want. I want my life to be back to normal; well, as normal as a victor of the Hunger Games' life can be.