Chapter Six : Birthday Get Away

ISAAC'S P.O.V

Today is Friday. Then the weekend. Thank youuuuu Friday!

"Hellllllo earth to Isaac!" Melanie whispered.

"Huh?" I turned and looked at her.

Talk about a clown's make-up , must not have seen Melanie's. That is way to much mascara! Her eyelashes look like pretzel sticks.

"Baby, you haven't said much since we haven't sat down." She pouted.

Baby. I dont get why people give eachother nicknames. Especially Babe or Baby. Does it look loke I say goo goo Ga Ga ? No I dont, so call me by my name.

Realizing I said that out loud, I look at Melanie and wait for a response.

"Well Isaac, I didnt know it bothered you that much." Before I could say anything, Alex busts out laughing.

"What is so funny Alex?"Melanie asks her rudely.

"Nothing, I was just telling Samantha about a week ago how I hate those kind of nicknames and the expression Isaac had when he realized he said that out loud."

" Well it isnt funny Al-ex. " she snorted and faced me "is it?"

"Mel, not today." I complained.

"Asshole." She whispered.

"Whatever. Soo Alex your birthday is tommorow, what are you doing?"

Before she could answer, Samantha said, " she is going to Jesse's beach house with her dad and his family and they are gonna watch the stars and kiss till dawn." She smiled and explained with her hands.

"Sounds romantic." I laughed.

Really Alex. Your gonna go off with some guy you met a few months ago? Wait. Why should I care? She isnt my girlfriend. But that I do, makes me wonder.

"We are not going to do all that Sam." She laughs "his mom invited me so I took the offer. I wasnt gonna do anything anyways."

I couldve thrown you a party. I frown.

"Well I hope you have fun." It didnt come out that way I expected. It sounded as if I was jealous.

"Seems like someone doesnt want her going off with Jesse into the sunset." Kailey smiled.

"Kailey. Your crazy. She can do what she wants."

"Just not with Jesse."

"I didnt say that."

"Whatever lover boy, see you later."

When I walked into my last period of the day. Mrs.Prager eyes shot through me.

"Well Mr.McKinley, you made it on time. Congrats.

"Funny Mrs. Prager."

"Take a seat."

That whole period my mind was on everything else but English.While the bell rung, I was the first out the door and to my locker. Maybe if I hurry, I can talk to Alex.

She was at her locker by the time I got there.

"Alex, can we talk?"

"Sure, let me finish putting my books away."

When she finished, she grabbed her bag and faced me.

"What's up Isaac?"

"You know I can always through you a birthday party."

"Isaac, that is sweet of you but it is kind of too late. I leave for the beach tonight."

"Is there any way I can change your mind?"