Chapter Eight : Right Decision

When we got home from the restaurant, I followed Jesse up to his room. He was having some trouble making it up the stairs and I didnt trust him being by himself. It was only one wine I guess one wine to many.

"How could I be so stupid?" He asks with his head in his hands. " I should not have taken one sip Alex, I am so stupid."

His eyes start to water so I walk from the door over to his bed. I rub my hand on his back."Jesse, it was one drink. You should be proud you made it home in one piece. Now tell me why you and drinks shouldn't mix." I wipe tears from his eyes and clear my throat. I never seen a biy cry and it is actually kind of cute.

"Uh, one night ... My and my bestfriend Austin where driving from a the first football game party and I told him let's wait to drive so we could see better. But he um had a bad vibe about staying so I was driving him home and we where blasting our music. Having a great time , just the two of us. Then he was go- . He was gone Alex, it is all my fault and no matter how hard I cry or yell or stop drinking, Austin isn't coming back. I lost my bestfriend that day to a fucking mailbox and front porch." He was silent for a minute until I pulled him into a hug and he just let it out.

"You may think it is your fault Jesse but I think you just gave in another angel." I smile and pull his chin up. " Your a good person Jesse, and I will help you get through this. No more wine, alcohol, or maybe even soda." I laugh, " I'm here okay. Now lay down and get some rest, I will be in my room if you need me."

I walk out and sigh. This kid needs me big time. I take my dress and heels off and get under the covers. A few minutes go by and someone knocks, I make sure my body is covered and say come in.

"Uh Alex?"

"Yeah."

"It's me Jesse, can I sleep in here? It is freezing in my room."

"I'm in my bra and underwear."

"I'm not trying to bang you."

I laugh,"Fine."

I scoot over and he slides onto the bed. I face the other way and stare out my window. "Jesse?"

"Hmm"

"Thanks for opening up to me tonight."

"I needed someone to talk to, so thank you."

I turn to face him and he opens his eyes. I grab his waist and pull him close, I put my hand on his shirt with my head next to his. I kiss his cheek,"Goodnight."

JESSE'S P.O.V

I woke up to Alex sound asleep, it was 10:46 am. I get up and go to the back and sit in the sand. I sigh and I feel safe. I dont know why I wouldnt before but since I let everything out, I feel like old times. Remembering how me and Austin would sit in this very spot and think about how Sophmore year would be so amazing and all the girls would be on us.I miss him. But when I spend time with Alex, I feel like he is inside her connecting with me. I normally wouldnt tell any of my girlfriends about Austin but when she looked at me, the dissapointment in her eyes after seeing me drunk off one wine made me feel like Austin was ashamed and I had to tell her and let it out. I meant every word I said on Alex's birthday. And I messed it up that night by crying like a baby. I mess everything up. No do not say that Jesse, it wasnt your fault. Ok ok I know I know I know. Treat Alex with respect Jesse. She deserves all that you can offer and more. Let her into your heart and repair it.

"What are you doing out here?" Alex asks. Her large t shirt with a camera on it made me laugh.

She rolled her eyes,"What so funny."

"Nothing, what are you doing up?"

"It is 10 O'clock."

"Okaaay."