Chapter Seven : Realizing What I Have

When I woke up, Jesse's soft breathes were sending shivers down my neck. I looked down the covers just to make sure nothing happened last night. But HE DID KISS ME. FINAAAAAAAAALY. I'm not a big fan about relationships so a kiss is good enough for me ... For now. I mean come on Alex, you know you and Jesse or whoever your boyfriend will be in the near future are gonna do the anytime funtime. Haha that should be my code word for sex. Walk up to sometime and be like, 'Yo, I just had anytime funtime, and it was amazing.' Ok Alex, shut up and read your text messages. Haha happy birthday, TURN UP!

I rolled over to the nightstand and scrolled through the messages.

Ethan: Happy Birthday Girly.(:

David:Alex,Happy B-day!

Samantha:HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY NIGGA. Love ya, enjoy Alex. (;

Kailey:Happy 18th birthday giiirl.

Nyla:Happy Birthday!

Megan:Hey you, happy cake day. :D

Isaac: Happy birthday Alex. Hope everything is good and enjoy.(:

Tracy:Alex, happy birthday.

Scott:Alex, you already know what today is. Slip into something sexy and go cray cray.(:

I will read those others later. I went down to the kitchen with Mrs. Brown smiled and hugged me. "Happy Birthday Alex!"

"Thank you." I smile and grab a bagel.

"Here you go." She hands me a $100 gift card to Foreign Exchange.

"Oh thank you!"

After I finished eating, I went do the den and was playing with my Polaroid. This thing is a cutie.

"I see you like." Jesse says and kisses me on the cheek.

"Yes. It is full of little gadgets and I love it." I smile."Okay so we need to talk."

"Go for it."

"What are we, us."

"Well that depends." He grabs my waist."What do you want to be?"

I pull out of his grip. " it cant go by what I want."

"It's your birthday Alex, stop stressing." He laughs " I kinda want to be romantic with you but not going all the way. I enjoy your presence Alex. So if you want my honest opinion, I want to be your boyfriend."

Was it that hard to finally say?

"Well." I grab his hands " that is what you are." I smile and kiss him. He tries to deepen the kiss but I pull away."Slow down lover boy." I smile.

JESSE'S P.O.V

This girl loves to tease me smh. Tonight is her day so I dont wanna rush into things. She is completely different. She seems like a good and quiet girl but I know she is hiding her bad girl side. Wait till I find it. She wont get enough of Jesse.

ISAAC'S P.O.V

I called Samantha up when the guys left my house. Alex may not want me, but I kinda want her.

"I think you butt dialed me Isaac."

"No I didnt, I need to talk to you."

"Oh crap, what did Colton do or you guys made him do."

"It isn't about Colton, it is about Alex."

"I knew it. You tried to hide it Isaac! You like her huh."

"Okay yeah a little, but I dont like how she is with Jesse, they have been talking and anyone by now would introduce themself.I find it odd."

"True but he may feel uncomfortable with people he doesnt know. He is going to Ethan's party, so question him then."

"Alright. But do me a favor."

"What is it."

"Keep an eye on both of them. Please."

"Will do Mr.McKinley, have a nice day bye."

"Bye."

After talking to Samantha, all I was hoping was Alex came home without doing the dirty. The thought of Jesse tapping that disgusted me so much.

"Isaac hunny, what is wrong?"

"Nothing mom, just thinking."

"Thinking about what? You know you can talk to me Isaac."

"I know, but the situation is difficult and hard to talk about."

"Alright, I wont bug you for now. But by what I hear, if it's about a girl other than Melanie, comfront her about it."

"Thanks mom." I laugh " hopefully that with get me somewhere."

ALEX'S P.O.V

I was getting dressed for my birthday dinner. I dress up in a white cotton dress with a criss cross design in the back, nude heels, and my hair had a ballerina bun with loose strands. I felt pretty.

"Alex, you look amazing." Jesse said wrapping his arms around me " I'm lucky to have you."

"Um haaha, thats uh good to here."

When we got to the restuarant, all of us sat down and ordered drinks.

"We all will have red wine please." My dad asked for.

"Oh Andrew, it is alrig-" Mrs. Brown tried to say and glanced at Jesse.

"Oh come on Mom, everyone is the right age." Jesse said and squeezed my hand."Five red wines waiter."

When the wine got here, Jesse was the first to grab his. That was a mistake. Some of it tipped onto my dress.

"Jessseeee!" I gasped.

"Babe, I'm so sorry."

"Babe? I dont like nicknames."

"Okay well im sooo sorry." He took a few sips.

Fucking douche.

"Is everything alright over there?" My dad asked from across the table. I look at Jesse and frown.

"Alex, I said I was sor-"

"Save it." I look at my dad and smile "Yeah, just chit-chatting."

I look at Jesse and he is almost done with his wine.

"Woah dude, calm it down."

"Sorry, I am nervous."

"For what?"

Jesse stands up and make a toast. "Alex Beacon, I am very happy that we made ourselves official. Your truly amazing and I need you so we can be there for eachother. I know I have only known you for six months but within those six months, I have learned everything you do is cherished by me. I like you alot ...."

That whole time Jesse was giving that speech, my anger went away. At first I thought maybe I could give him a shot. But knowing his drinking problem may be a challenge but that may make me like him enough to even love him. I keep thinking it is too early to love someone. I make alot of mistakes, like loving my ex boyfriend to only find out he used me for a bet. He took my virginity away and my hope of loving someone again. But all of that has changed, I think. Jesse may be the one or maybe even Isaac. But I dont see Isaac pouring out his heart for me like Jesse ... Ugh maybe everything will fall in place, maybe.

"....Happy Birthday Alex." Jesse smiled and slowly walked off the stage.

"Well son, that sure was beautiful."

"Thanks pops." He smiled and began eating his food. I pull a loose strand of hair out his face and wrap my arm in between his. I started smiling at the thoughts of Jesse becoming sober and letting me know how he feels. He certainly has made some of my birthday really good.

"Thanks Jesse." I kiss his cheek and start eating.