Chapter 40 - wedding day

The beach had been beautifully decorated for one of the biggest days of Louis and Harrys' life. There were flowers almost everywhere, swaying gently with the breeze of the air. Rows upon rows of seats were set on the sand, facing towards where the couple would say their I do's. There was an ocean next to them, making the scene even more gorgeous with the waves crashing. Every thing seemed perfect, well, except for Harry who was currently freaking out.

"Oh my god, Niall, what if the ring gets stuck to the pillow so they wouldn't be able to put it on me?" Harry shrieks out, pacing back and fourth in the small changing room the beach provided. He was already dressed in his black and white suit, only needing to do his hair — but all he would do was place it up in his famous quiff.

"Harry, I highly doubt that would happen." Niall snorts, looking at himself in the full length mirror with a satisfied smile. He was Harrys' best man, so he made sure to look extra good than how he already usually does. Niall couldn't believe it; his best friend of lord knows how many years was finally getting married.

"Anything could happen." Harry argues back, placing his hands on his face and rubbing his temples. He was so stressed out. "Are the flowers in place?" He asks hurriedly, panic in his eyes. He bites his lower lip and starts to pace back and fourth again, breaths labored and filling up every inch of the room. Niall could just feel how anxious his best mate was. "For gods sake, Niall, answer me!" Harry cries out, sitting down and slumping against the wood bench.

Niall is startled by Harrys' outburst, placing a hand on his chest and pretends to be offended. "Calm down, Harold!" He yells back, throwing his head back and laughing when Harry jumps slightly at that. Niall grabs Harrys' shoulders and looks him in the eyes with a raised eyebrow. "Breath for me, Harry. Calm down, everything is fine." He adds on more calmly, breathing in and out for Harry to mimic his actions.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous, you know? Today is the day when I finally become Harry Tomlinson - his husband. I never thought this day would come so quickly, to be honest. But, I love Louis and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I want to walk around knowing that I'm married to a beautiful man who loves me just as much as I love him." Harry rambles, unconsciously pulling at his hair that was now almost touching his shoulders.

Niall holds a hand up, chuckling to himself. "Save it for your vows, Harry."

"Vows, right." Harry nods, lips pursed as he reaches in the back pocket of his dress pants and pulls out a folded paper, slightly wrinkled. He unfolds the sheet and reads over what he had written on them, heart melting because he really loves Louis. "I have my vows written on this . . . wrote it a couple days back when Louis was sleeping and I wasn't tired. Stayed up for a long time pouring my heart out on this."

The blonde coos, ruffling Harrys' hair before standing up and straightening out his suit, not wanting it to be wrinkled. "The wedding is about to start in about ten minutes and I need to go and check if everything is fine so far." He informs his friend, blowing a kiss to himself in the mirror because he looked really good today.

"Alright, yeah . . ." Harry breathes out, processing what had just been said as Niall walks out of the changing room. Suddenly, Harry sits up bewildered, looking around. "Wait, so far?" He exclaims, but it's too late, Niall was already outside.

"Louis!" Niall greets him with a hug, ignoring all of the whispers coming from the crowd who were waiting for Harry to come out. Anne and Gemma were seated there, waving excitedly at Niall who smiles at them. "How are you feeling? Because Harry is freaking out in the changing room." The blonde laughs, not noticing how a worried look crosses on Louis' features.