Chapter 43

Chapter 36
Patrick
Rose and I lied in bed as the sun slowly rose from behind the trees. The room and never been lighter than with Rose in it. It was like that in every room of the house.
"You have the most beautiful eyes," Rose said as she lied on her back looking up at me.
"I got them from my mother," I said rubbing the hem of the doona between my fingers.
"She was very beautiful, I always look at the painting in the void. You look like her."
I shook my head, "No, I look like my father."
She laughed as if she didn't believe me, "You think that if it gives you comfort. But you do."
I cupped her check rubbing her jaw line, "I would love to draw you."
"Really, do I have a face worth drawing?"
I frowned, "well let's see."
My thumb brushed her cheek bone.
"Nice cheek bone."
I peered down in her eyes.
"Beautiful eyes."
I kissed her lips, slow and strong.
"Softest lips."
As soon as Rose heard the door, she disappeared under the covers. I raised my hands in defeat.
"Morning Sir," Jenson said placing the tray on the desk, "Morning Rose."
A hand shot up from the cover, waved, and disappeared again.
"You will be right to start in an hour?" Jenson asked.
This time a thumbs-up appeared and then returned to the safety of the covers.
I laughed at her.
"I'll leave you two to it," Jenson said with a smile leaving the room. I crawled under the covers and kissed her nose. Her giggles filled my ears.
"I suppose I should go, get dressed and all."
I pulled her close kissing her neck down to her collar bone.
"No stay with me."
She groaned, "I want to, but –."
"No buts. Just stay with me," I asked.
She sighed, "Five more minutes."

Rose
The warm spring air circled around me, as I walked through the trees where I was attacked last autumn. So much had changed since then.
Patrick was a totally different person. My feelings for him grew everything single day. Jenson knew about our relationship. So did Zoey, Jane and Kate. But one thought was still at the back of my mind.
Kobey.
Why did that one name haunt all my thoughts? That one thought. Why did I have to leave with him?
Music blared in my ears as I squealed when a good song came on. A bartender came past me with a tray of shots. I snatched two without him realising, pushing my way through the crowd. I took the shot, guarding the other one with my life. Little did I know that someone was watching me in the corner of the club.
I felt a tap on my shoulder making me turn. A guy stood with dark shaggy hair, his brown eyes fixed on my body.
"I saw what you did," he told me, his voice ruff. That should have been my first clue.
"What are you going to do about it?" I said sipping the shot.
"I won't tell them, if you come home with me tonight," he offered me.
I looked him up and down, bitting my lip. Hour of passion or drunken mistake.
I had to be the idiot and find out.
After that, Kobey was everywhere I went. Every club, every bar. He would snatch me stealing drinks and offer me the same deal. Soon I just went home with him voluntarily. He wheeled me in to his little sick web. Making me feel safe, protected and knowing that all I had was him. So he knew how to crawl me back in when I escaped.
Back in the house, I found Patrick asleep in his father's office. Head resting in his arms for a pillow.
How I wanted to give him my heart. How I wanted to be rid of my past of drunk mistakes and horrible fathers. How I wanted to get lost in his eyes, knowing that he was just as damaged as I was. How I wanted to be loved by him. And only him.

Patrick
My hand pressed against Rose's shoulder blade as water made her skin soft and silky. Drops of water bounced off my body making everything inside me burn for her. I had never even seen the servants' hall bathroom, and now we were going to have sex in it.
Hearing the words from her lips over and over sent shocks through my body. So much so, I found myself pressing her body against the tiled wall. The more she moaned the hotter and wild I became. I found my hand cupping the back of her thigh, perching her leg on my hip. She moaned giving me excess to her neck. I kissed as she wished.
"Wait, Patrick, wait."
I pulled back giving her room.
"Did I hurt you?" I asked worrying.
She shook her head taking a step to me. She took a bar of soap from the shelf and pressed it to my chest. Slowly she started to draw circles with it.
"Let me learn you. Every little bump and mark."
I wanted to laugh when she said little. No marks were little. But I did not stop her. I wanted to see this.
She ran the soap between my fingers, with such care. Up my arm, she rubbed my collar bone. My skin felt electrified with every touch. Over my chest, she followed the line of hair. Lower and lower her hand went, making my head flop back on the tiled wall. The soap went down my leg and up again. My breathing had become heavier as I felt the mood between us had come intense.
Focus on the soap. Focus on the soap.
But that thought went to hell when I heard the thud of the soap on the tiled floor. With her hands, she moved down the trail of hair. My body jerk when she gripped the base of me. I held onto the shower taps as the pressure started to pulled. My jaw clutched as her hand slid down my length. It was most amazing torture. Having the overwhelming pleasure flow through me was enough. But to know that it Rose that was making me feel this way was remarkable on a different level.
"Rose," I groaned, "please let me."
"Not yet."
Not the words I wanted to hear. My grip became tighter around the taps as the pressure built and built.
"Now Rose," I gritted.
"Not yet."
Was she trying to kill me? The need to let go was growing near and near and yet, I still wasn't inside her. What was I waiting for?
But when Rose eyes landed on mine and nothing else, I knew why. She needed to try and trust me.
I cupped her shoulder blade, bring our foreheads together.
"I'm not going to hurt you. You know why?"
"Why?"
"Because I love you."