I: chapter 1

At around dusk, they had landed on Ranahs home planet of Pluv. It almost always rains here. There's a week every other month when the rain ceases and it's dry enough to step outside. Master Kenobi thought it would be good to spend some time in the wilderness of the damp and musty planet the female padawan once called home. When it was announced they were to return to Pluv, Anakin didn't stop pestering Obi Wan. He wondered why they weren't going to Tatooine. Ranah told Ani it was because Tatooine isn't the best place to become one with nature and yourself. When Anakin asked Master Obi Wan, she of course was right.

The dense, warm night now embraced the trio. Anakin and the Master peacefully rested. The two lay in canopies of the Gazoongah tree. With leaves shaped like large ovals and a deep deep green, they are strong which is why natives often use them to build most things in their village . Ranah sat on the forest floor in front of a blazing fire which cracked every four seconds. The redhead was aware in the morning Master Kenobi would likely scold her for getting her cream colored robes dirty. The older of the two Padawans was too exhausted to go and find a suitable chair. Obi Wan probably wouldn't be too happy Ranah stayed up late either. Sighing the teen stoked the fire with a now burnt tree branch. Zahar's mind wandered from place to place.

If she wanted she could probably head to the castle which lay behind the Tandan foothills. Less than a mile from here.Ranah wasn't sure if Obi Wan knew they resided so close to her childhood home. Ranah comes from a Royal family that rules a small poor sector of Pluv. Anakin in a way still hates Ranah for coming from Royalty since he was raised in slavery on a planet much harsher than Pluv. The royalty she grew up into and the way the princess was raised was a lot different than Anakin believes. The section the Zahar's rule does not thrive. Though, the family is very well respected. There are constant attempts to overthrow them. Ranah tried to stop thinking of home. The girl knew if she didn't a sense of longing would overwhelm her. Zahar shook the thought from her head.

Fingers run down the small braid on the side of her head that signifies she's  still a padawan. Ranah hated that braid. She was 19, going on 20 and really should be a Jedi by now. The green eyed girl wandered why she wasn't yet. Maybe Master is waiting until she surpasses Anakin. Ranah always thought she should be better than him after all she was two years Ani's senior. Letting a small grunt of frustration escape her lips, Anakin turned in his canopy. The leaf reforms to his new body position, and there's no more movement to disrupt the still night. Ranah looks  back to the fire rolling her eyes "whatever" the Padawan murmers.

Eyes wandered up to the sky, she gazes at the three purple moons hovering over Pluv. Nostalgia washes over Ranah as she begins to think about her sister and when they would run through fields near here as kids. She misses her older sister. The last time Ranah saw Kel was at her wedding. Kel married a lovely man named Trace. Kel's life seemed to be going so well. Ranah wished to be there for her sibling, Trace died 3 months after Kel died giving  birth to their daughter.

Ranah wishes for a lot of things. She wishes she could marry and have a family and love. Ranah wishes to be a Jedi already. The redhead was growing impatient of being bossed around. Ranah wishes the Jedi code was different, although they've changed it before, slightly so she has hope. The girl wishes that she hadn't fallen so deeply in what she thought felt like love with fellow Padawan. Anakin and Ranah treat each other as siblings, always bickering. At the end of the day, they'd still rescue each other. Anakin and her are very similar and get along great as long as the topic of 'The Chosen One' doesn't come up. Ranah knows that by having strong emotions for him she prevents herself from becoming a great Jedi, but also knows she lets herself suffer. A path leading to the darkside. The only reason Ranah tends to excuse it is because she's aware of Anakins love for his old friend, Padmè Amidala. The pair often talk about the forbidden emotion. They talk about if love exists. He talks about Padmè while she babbles about him. Anakin thinks the boy his fellow Padawan speaks of is from her home planet and is named Ern.  Neither needed to tap into the force to know if they keep things up it won't end well. Ranah attempts to clear her mind and think about advice from Master Windu, wishing makes you look to what isnt and that will never benefit anyone.