The Day Tragedy Struck

JB Prov

I was sitting on the couch as my wife was up stairs. She was busy preparing clothes for when we go to the hospital to finally welcome our baby. I was super excited. It is my first time of actually getting to be a father. Then I heard "Jb please come here". I got up I walked to where she was. She was bent over in pain she said"we got to go"I was frozen. Then I nodded I helped her to the car. After we got to the hospital I was waiting in the lobby for her with my mother. As we waited I was wondering how she was doing. If she was ok is our baby ok but mostly excited that I was becoming a dad. After what felt like hours I got to go see my baby but what shocked me my wife wasn't there. Where was my wife where is the love of my life. Did she already get to see our baby. I looked around as my umma held my daughter then the doctor came in. He said "you must be the father" I nodded he lowered his head. He said "I'm sad to say this" he paused I said "what where's my wife". The doctor said "we had a option to save her or the baby and she chose" I already knew she chose our child. Then he said "she's gone" I looked down I was in tears I can't raise her alone. Or that's what I thought.