Louis' Family and Spaghetti

4 Months Ago

"Am I ever gonna meet your parents?"

Lou scrunched his nose up, "I don't think you really want to. They're stuck up and snooty. Hell. If I didn't have to know them, I wouldn't."

"What do you mean?"

Lou fiddled with the hem of the shirt he was wearing, which was mine. "I don't know." He shrugged. "Its just... I'm not sure how to explain it." He propped himself up on one elbow and faced me on my bed. "My parent's divorced when I was, like, eight. Eight or nine. And it was fine for awhile. But when I became a teenager, they must've had a one night stand or something because my mom got pregnant with twins. And after that, they just didn't get along anymore. They had divorced because they didn't love eachother. Not because they couldn't get along. After that, I kind of became the messenger between them. They refused to talk to eachother. So I was kind of like the middle ground, ya know? But I hated it.... It was really stressful."

"Did you ever tell them that?" I had slid his hand under Lou's shirt, and was gently tracing shapes onto the skin of his hip.

Lou nodded, "I did when I was like sixteen or aroud that age. But suddenly it was like, I was ungrateful or something. I don't know. I didn't really understand it. All I knew was mom got on my case more often and dad stopped answering my calls texts. As soon as I turned seventeen, I had had enough. So I moved in with Niall."

"Do you ever talk to them? Or your sisters?"

"Not really. I was invited for Christmas though. I'm not really sure I want to go."

"Why? It'd be the perfect time for me to meet them. And also, your over eighteen, which basically means they can't use you as their messenger anymore Princess." Lou laid his head on my chest and started tracing circles on his chest, like I was doing on his waist.

"My parent's are a little... I don't know... stuck up?"

"Stuck up? Like rich stuck up? Or just stuck up?"

Lou sighed heavily he kept moving around the bed as though uncomfortable. Eventually he just sat up against the headboard,arms crossed, staring at the black bedding. "Rich stuck up." He mumbled not looking at me.

"So? I may not have grown up rich, but my mom was a preacher. I know how to act proper and all." I paused. "Or are they not okay with...?"

"No! They took it amazing! When I came out they said they already knew. Said they didn't expect someone who painted their nails 'fushcia' to be straight." Lou said air quoting "fushcia."

I chuckled, "Okay then what's the problem?"

"I haven't talked to them in eleven months."

"I keep forgetting your only seventeen." Lou look at me, giving me a small smile before it dropped.

"If you really want to meet them, we can. I just. If I went the rest of my life not talking to them it'd be fine with me. I don't care if I sound ungrateful. I know it could have been worse. I could have been abused or something or other. But I don't know." Lou shakes his head in frustation.

"Princess, if you don't want to see them we won't."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"I want food now." I laugh loudly.

"What do you want?"

"Food."

"No shit. What kind of food?"

"Edible food." Lou grins, yelping as I push him off my bed and onto the floor. "Okay! Okay! Spaghetti?"

"I can do spaghetti." I say nodding before getting up to gather the necessary ingredients.

****

"You make amazing spaghetti."

"I know."

"Sassy princess." I had turned the water so it would boil.... and had completely forgotten about it. After that Lou had taken over but not before he had declared me, "incompetent in life."

"Not my fault you suck at cooking."

"I may not be able to cook but I can bake." I flick Lou's forehead, making him scrunch his nose up.

"Yea yea. You're still incompetent at life my friend." I raise an eyebrow and Lou does the same.

"You mean boyfriend."

He shrugs, "Sure, why not." I fake gasp making him giggle. "You're a dork."

"I'm your dork."

"Can't disagree with that."

Even if Harry didn't say it, He didn't disagree either.