Chapter 5

“Jake you are going to love me!” Kelly cooed as we walked into the kitchen. She grabbed a banana of the counter and sat at the table next to Jordan. Jake was sitting on the other side of Jordan.  He had his head in his hands looking extremely frustrated and sad.

“Why what did you do now?” he asked annoyed.

“Woo what’s wrong with you? Never mind, I got her to agree to stay on one condition.” She said waving her hand in the air like she said nothing. His head snapped in my direction. I stood there awkwardly not knowing where to put myself. His stare made me uncomfortable I wrapped my arms around myself shifting my weight between my feet.

“Is that true?” he asked me hopefully.

I nodded my head yes in response looking away from him. He jumped out of his chair and tackled me into a bear hug. Flinching away from his touch he let go of me and mumbled a sorry.

“But you have to promise me any sign of trouble I get to leave no questions asked.” I said to him shyly. Knowing the first chance I got I am out of here.

“Then you have to promise you will give me a chance to fix whatever ‘trouble’ may come our way.” He said in a way that said I didn’t have an option but to agree. I nodded yes in response. “Let’s go tell Jared” he said excitedly, grabbing my hand but before we had a chance to leave the room Jared’s voice halted us.

“Tell me what” he asked curiously.

“She is going to stay!” Jake said with so much joy. Jared looked at me, his gaze so intense that I had to look away.

“Good. Once you mark her Jake take her shopping for some cloths.”

I groaned at the shopping thing. But when I realized what he said before that I almost shit my pants. Jake looked at me with concern. I pulled my hand out of his and shook my head. “I’m f-fine with wearing your cloths” fear filled my body. I decided to add some important information at that moment “I hate shopping anyway.” I regretted saying the last part because they all wore the same shocked face.

“What kind of girl hates shopping?” Jordan asked dumbfounded.

“A girl with a very empty wallet.” I answered nonchalantly.

“You can use my money.” Jake said.

“No you worked hard for that money I couldn’t waste it on me.” I said sadly.

Laughter broke the tension in the room. “Jake hasn’t worked a day in his life the poor boy has an allowance.” Jared said between laughter filled gasps. I looked at Jake whose face had turned a dark shade of red. I couldn’t help but giggle; it got Jake to grin like an idiot though. My wolf wasn’t in a good mood she still wants to leave and right now.

“It wouldn’t be a waste. Did you want anything to eat?” Jake asked trying to change the subject.

“No.” I truly wasn’t hungry. But the look on all of their faces told me I wasn’t leaving until I ate.

“Lucy you are really underweight when was the last time you ate?” Doctor Kelly asked.

“I don’t know but I’m really not hungry.” They all frowned.

“Lucy you have to eat something you have been here for a day and a half and you haven’t eaten anything since you got here who knows when the last time you ate was.” Kelly said. She would freak if she found out the last time I ate was about four days ago. Once I escaped I didn’t stop running there was no time to stop and eat.

“I’ll have some water.” Is all I said, Jake quickly grabbed a glass and went to the sink to fill it up.

“I’ll make you whatever you want.” Jake said excitedly.