Chapter 3

Sorry for any mistakes in this chapter and in chapters beforehand, I’m human I can’t find every mistake.

Ever since Jake came back he hasn’t left my side. He keeps asking me why I did it but I haven’t said a word to the poor boy. The numb feeling was back, and I was feeling great. It was 11:30 at night and I’m exhausted.

The doctor was giving instructions to Jake on how to take care of me “Jake this girl has obviously gone through a lot. What, I don’t know, but don’t push her for answers it could make things worse. Give her time and let her come to you. We will talk about it more in the morning when I come to take the stitches out.” With my werewolf healing ability my wrist should heal ten times faster than a human would. “But don’t let her lock anymore doors and don’t leave her alone for long periods of time.” The last part really upset me. I love being alone it’s the only thing that keeps me sane.

“I’ll keep an eye on her thank you Doctor Kelly.” He was so sad. After she left he went to the dresser and pulled out to pairs of shorts and two shirts. He threw me a shirt and some shorts, the ones I was wearing were covered in blood. I stood and went to the bathroom and was about to shut the door but he blocked it with his hand. I looked up at him, he shook his head. I motioned for him to turn around with my finger. He did what I wanted, so I quickly changed.

When I walked back into the room he had already changed. He was picking up some glass from the lamp that I smashed. He didn’t acknowledge that I entered the room, I guess he’s a little sour at my “attempted suicide” that’s what the Doc said. I wasn’t trying to kill myself I just wanted to feel something else for a little while. Walking over to the bed I yawned. Crawling under the covers I yawned again. God I’m tired. Stretching turned out to be the worst idea, even though my ribs weren’t as sensitive as before, they were not ready to stretch. I ended up gasping in pain, which caught Jakes attention. It only took him two strides to make it to my side.

“What’s wrong Lucy?” he was fusing over me. Looking up at him I noticed how handsome he really is.

“My ribs weren’t ready to stretch yet.” I whimpered, too tired to fight him anymore he pick me up and slide me over in the bed and crawled into bed where I was laying. As soon as he touched me it was like I was struck with lightning, I didn’t like how it felt. ‘Don’t let him touch us’ my wolf growled at me. ‘I’m too tired’ I whimpered back. ‘Let me do it then, just let go’ she urged. ‘I’ll do it’ I didn’t want her to hurt him; he was only trying to take care of his mate. Before I had a chance to say something Jake stuck his face in the crook of my neck and inhaled my scent.

“Mmmmmm you smell so good.” He whispered in my ear.

“Well ummm th-th-thank you” stuttering in shock nobody has ever said that to me before. “M-my w-wolf doesn’t like how close you are.”

He sighed in response and pulled away. “Sorry.” Was all he said, he set me on the bed next to him. I crawled under the covers again; I rolled so I was facing away from him. Jake climbed under the covers and curved his body to fit next to mine without touching mine.

“Nobody’s ever called me Lucy before.” I said, trying to soothe his wolf. I could feel him through our mate bond. He was having a fit because he wasn’t touching me; there was no way I was going to get any sleep with him like that. Since touching was out of the question for now, the sound of my voice should work to a certain extent. “I like it, Lucinda is just to formal.” It was true I did like it. His wolf settled down a little.

“Really?” he sounded surprised. “Where are you from?”

“There is a reason I am not there, and that reason is enough to make sure I never talk about it again. Don’t ask me about that again.” I answered sternly.