Chapter 13

Girls stop being the used and become the user! I did and when my heart breaks it only cracks. The little heart I have left. These are my words of wisdom for you. I am planning another story that goes along with this one. It will be about Jared’s mate.

            “What the hell is wrong with you?” I screamed at the top of my lungs and pulled out of arms and jumped away from him.

            “What?” he looked at me like I grew to heads.

            “Too soon for the L-word, way too soon!” I screamed.

            “We had amazing sex earlier and it wasn’t too soon for that but it’s too soon for the ‘L-word’?” he put air quotes around the L-word. He stood up from where he was sitting on the bed.

            “Don’t make me regret that!” I screamed. The only thing I regret now is saying those words because the look on Jakes face was enough to make me cry. Well almost because I’m not a pussy like that. “I’m so sorry Jake I didn’t mean that. I’m not ready for the L-word Jake.” I pouted, he only looked away. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He wrapped his arms around me making me sigh in contentment.

            “When will you be ready?” he asked.

            “I don’t know Jake but you’ll be the first to know when I am.” I said confidently. He chuckled in response, it warmed my heart. “Wanna go for a run?” I asked.

            “Hell yes!” he pulled away and grabbed my hand was pulling me down the hallway before I knew what was happening.

            “Slow down Jake” his legs are so long that I have to sprint to keep up with him. It didn’t help when he jumped down the stairs without even touching them. He dragged me the entire way.

            By the time we made it out on the back porch I had twisted my ankle twice and tripped three times and I was grumbling. I sat down on a chair to look at my ankle. While I was rubbing my ankle Jake was pulling his clothes off. “Jake you twisted my ankle.” I whined. God I’m turning into a pussy. I don’t have to be one just because I have one.

            When he finally looked over at me he was only in some sexy boxers. Oh god how I want to jump his bones right now. He tilted his head to the side and said “oh I’m sorry” he knelt down in front of me and looked at it. “It is already healing and should be fine. Do you still want to go?” he asked eagerly.

            I nodded my head yes in response.

            Two hours later we were both exhausted and laying in a clearing. I was sprawled out in my wolf form panting; I’m fast but so is Jake and I really had to push it to stay in the lead. His wolf is all white compared to my all black one. It’s also twice my size.

            Breaking my train of thought Jake asked through our mind link ‘Do you trust me Lucy?’

            ‘Of course Jake, you haven’t given me a real reason not to.’ I answered back.

            His wolf purred in response.

            ‘Why?’

            ‘Just curious.’ He shrugged those sexy wolf shoulders.

            Once my body started to cool off I stood and trotted over to Jake and plopped down next to him. He gave me the best grin he could give me in his wolf form.  

            ‘Jake, Lucy come home Jared wants to talk to you.’ Jordan called through the pack mind link.

            I groaned and rolled onto my back. ‘Do we have to?’ I whined.

            ‘Yeah I’m already in enough trouble with Jared. I broke a lot of rules when I met you and Jared has let it all slide for now but I know I am pushing the limit.’

            ‘We could just leave Jake and we wouldn’t have to listen to anyone. It would be just us. No alpha to tell us what to do. We could stay just like this forever.’

This is just filler I know it is short but I am not in a writing mood. I’m in a reading mood. I know where I want this story to go but I just don’t know how I am going to get there right now.