Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning at 7 on the dot. Last night was hot so I decided a shower was best, before putting on my bikini followed by my uniform. We all wore light blue shorts, a white polo with a light blue collar ansd trainers, with our swim stuff on underneath. Now it was around 7:30, which gave me an hour to walk down to the staff buffet and grab my breakfast, of course my usual of pineapple chunks, hash browns and toast with a mug of coffee to keep me going.

By 8:30 I headed down to the theatre with Ruben carrying the equipment we needed that day.

"How long are you here for Maria?" He asked me as we walked.

"I don't know, as long as I can be I guess."

"But why here? It's bad money and you have the oppertunity for everything!"

"I love my job, it gives me a place to stay and I get to be with people around the world, I love it." I dropped the bag just outside the theatre, near the pool.

"Fair enough. I leave next week..." he looked away as he told me. He had been my closest friend since I had arrived.

"You're - you're leaving! Why Ruben?"

"It is time for me to live my life... i am 27... I will see my girlfriend, marry her and raise a family. Otherwise I will never leave." All i could do was hug him, until we were interrupted.

"Excuse me, someone's been sick..." it took me a second to adjust as I realised we had been speaking in Spanish.

"I will come have a look," Ruben offered, pointing to the bags for me to start the activities. I pulled my phone out to check the time, 9:00, lets begin!

1 hour later and we were half way through a water volley tournament. I was on a team of brits, v a team of mixed nations and currently we were losing. Suddenly I saw the recognisable figure of Owen grab a sunbed, laying down his towel and perching. I quickly got out the pool and approached him.

"Owen... want to come help a losing team of Brits?" I smiled and half laughed, scraping my hair out my face. He smiled at me, his hair nicely flopped either side of his face.

"Nah I'm alright thanks, maybe tomorrow." He kept smiling.

"Oh come on spoil sport," i grabbed his arm in attempt to get him up.

"Ok ok just for you," he winked and then pulled his sunglasses over his eyes. By the end of the game we had lost, but it was fun playing with him. Ruben pulled me out the pool, ready to dry off for some pool side zumba. As he handed me the towel, Owen approached me.

"Hola, good game!" I smiled as I dried myself.

"I'm glad you got me to join! I hust came over to ask... well do you work everyday?"

"Urm yes, other than tomorrow, and every friday actually," I threw my clothes back on over my bikini. "Why?"

"Oh it's just, i wanted to go into the local town while I'm here, just not alone and I'd guessed you knew fhe area?"

"So you want a tour?" I couldn't see his eyes for his emotion behind the glasses.

"I was getting there," he laughed. "So would you mind?"

"No I can do that, tomorrow it is? Aren't you here with anyone?" I was puzzled, I'd assumed he was married.

"My mate is coming out on Saturday so I'm alone until then."

"Ok then, yes I will show you around. Meet me in the lobby tomorrow at 9, there is a tourist bus over to the town." I smiled, seeing Ruben out the corner of my eye to hurry up.

"Yes, I will... thank you," he smiled again and wandered off.