XXI

We all went down the stairs silently, not wanting to start a ruckus. I led the group and surprisingly Leia was there also with the support of medical workers. As we reached the end of the stairs, there was a series of shouts and bangs. We all flinched but we continued going away.

The hallway was now full of people and I saw Ben throwing himself at the bars and walls, screaming my name. But he stopped when he saw me and the others. I stood frozen as I stared at him back, silently.

"Bella.." He croaked. His hand reached through the space between the bars, his hand reached toward me as I was about a meter away.

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!"

Leia - with the support of medical workers - walked next to me, looking at Ben also.

His eyes widened.

"Leia! I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry!"

Leia than started walking towards him. Even though their backs were turned, I could the medical workers didn't like it here. Certainly not near the guy that commanded the Dark Side.

"Be careful Leia." Rey said as she steadily walked behind her.

Ben still looked at all of us like a lost and confused puppy. But he soon diverted his attention to me. I gulped and walked to him until I was a feet away, where he could touch me with the tip of his fingers. His teeth gritted and his eyes were focused. I tried hard not to back away so he wouldn't hurt me, again. I just looked at him in the eye, fighting back those tears that threatened to fall.

"Ben.. Do you care about me?" I asked. I moved closer to the cell and cautiously put my hands on his cheek. Oh, how I missed him.

"I do!" He answered immediately. His hands reached up and cupped my face. "I really do."

"Are you passionate about me?"

"I do! I really do! Bella, you have to believe me!" His voice started to become higher with volume.

I could tell everyone behind me flinched with the volume and his voice - including Leia.

"Then why did you hurt me then? Did you not care about me?" I knew this answer would either break my heart even more or heal it.

Ben was silent for a moment before he began talking.

"I was pressured. Everyone in the First Order is counting on me. And it was mostly Snoke. He manipulated me. That's why I'm on the Dark Side, because of him. I really wanted to join you Bella. But Snoke can manipulate me to the point that I can wind up killing you."

Everything was silent. My eyes widened with shock.

"So, who's Snoke?" I asked.

"Remember when I came out of the room and then you started being mad at me and then later you wanted to go into that room?"

I nodded.

"He's in there. He's a large holographic figure. Large scar across his face. I could explain more but I think there is no need for details."

"Oh."

That patched up a few holes. I now understood a bit more. He wasn't trying to bomb the Resistance, he was trying to protect it.

"Ben. I'm so sorry for making you hurt." Then I hugged him with the bars separating us. I could feel tears had dropped onto my shoulder, making my shirt damp with each passing second.

I felt safe a bit.

Soon our hug had been broken. But we were still close.

"Ben, are you willing to join the Resistance?" I asked, hoping for that answer.

He was silent for a moment and then my head hit against the iron bars. Hard. I fell backwards and watched as he stood up clutching his head, my head was pounding like crazy.

"Get out of my head!" Then he started beating his head.

Everyone rushed to get me up and hurriedly out of the dungeon as Rey and Finn went into the cell to calm him down.

Leia looked disappointed as she gave her a son one last look before she got up the stairs.

I could hear his echoes as I walked up the stairs along with the shouts of Rey and Finn. I let the tears flow as I listened.

--

Sorry for the late chapter! I've been busy with school this week so yeah.

The chapter might not be good since I rushed a bit on this one..

Hope you like it... :)