XXIII

We sat in the cockpit with the sound of Ben's muffled cries. I turned to him.

"Ben. It's alright. But we have to go now."

He looked up at me with swollen red eyes.

"Where are we going?"

"To the fortress."

"We can't go. I have suffered too much there."

"We have to go there to talk to Snoke! Ben, I don't want you to suffer like this!"

"I don't care about him. I care about you."

"Listen Bella. I don't want you to go through this hard time just for me."

He was silent for a moment.

"I'm staying here, Bella. I'm not going back."

He's joining the Resistance.. He's joining!

"Are you serious? Ben, you're joining?"

Ben looked up and smiled at me through the tears.

"I never joke around you." He said as he leaned in and kissed my cheek. "I'm joining."

I smiled and hugged him tightly. I had waited to hear those words from him. But there was one thing that was bothering me.

"Then what about Snoke?" I said breaking the hug.

"Don't mind him. He'll stop eventually."

"Ben.."

"Just listen to me Bella."

I was silent and then sighed. Maybe I don't have to take care of Snoke. Maybe I'm just being too over protective.

"Okay then. I won't do anything."

He smiled and hugged me and planted a kiss on my cheek.

"Now let's go. I want to sleep."

He got up from his seat and held my hand, leading me out of the Millennium Falcon and into the Resistance base.

Quietly without disturbing anyone, we walked down the hallway and into my room.

I closed the door behind us as he looked around the room.

"It looks...homely." He said softly before plopping on the bed.

"You can sleep there. I'll sleep somewhere else." I said as I looked around for somewhere else to sleep, but Ben stopped me.

"No Bella. You're sleeping with me. And don't worry, I won't do anything weird." He said as he patted the bed.

I smiled and sat on the bed in silence and soon lied down into Ben's embrace. I can feel his warm breath on my neck and his hands on my arms.

Smiling, we both drifted off to sleep, happily.

-

I was awoken by an ear-piercing shriek. My eyes opened instantly and it took awhile for it to adjust. There I see at the door was Rey and Leia with looks of horror on their faces.

"How did he get in here?!" Rey demanded as she stomped into the room and slapped Ben awake.

"Listen, he's with us now. There's no need to panic."

"Panic? Panic?! He nearly killed you! Did that iron bar made you become crazy or something?"

"N-No! It's not the iron bar."

Rey was silent, she let out a huff and stormed out of the room. Leia looked at me and Ben in silence.

"Ben, is it true? You're joining us?" She said with hope in her tone.

He nodded slowly.

I watched as Leia's eyes were filled with tears and she ran over and gave him a motherly hug, like she had wished for. Ben had also let out his tears and hugged her back.

My vision began to blur and I quickly wiped an escaped tear.

"Ben. D-Did you know how long I had eagerly waited for this happen?"

"It has been too long mother. It has been too long."

Soon everyone rushed into the room to witness the touching scene in front of them. Rey was in back, trying not to be noticed.

I smiled and looked at Ben and Leia, their hug had been broken. Only tears of joy.

"Mother, I wish to say that-" He looked at me and smile. "I want to spend the rest of my life with Bella."

Then there was silence and then an eruption of cheers.

Was he proposing to me? Was everything like the banging my head against the iron bars planned out?

"Yes, I am proposing to you. And no, I didn't plan anything out." He said, as he read my mind. "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?"

Everyone was silent. Waiting for the answer.

"Yes. Of course, Ben." I smiled and run up to hug him.

Again, there was an eruption of cheers and tears.

Soon after he broke the hug and planted his lips on mine. I can feel him smile. I smiled too.

--

I'm deeply sorry for the super late update! I was very sick during the past week and I had to make up some quizzes and tests but now I am back on track!

Thank you (im)patient readers for not murdering me.. I appreciate that.

No, this is not the end of the story... There is one chapter left before it's finished.

Hope you readers have a lovely and wonderful day/night! :)